• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
Its Mardi Gras in South Louisiana! :D The Mystic Krewe of Mutts paraded today with about 1,000 or so dogs either in the parade or ?observing? along the route. This event is a fund raiser for our local Capital Area Animal Welfare Society. We walked a wonderful petite female pit bull (which I would adopt myself in an instant, ?cept we have four at home already!)

There were many food booths set up along the parade route, and one was for Chicago Hot Dogs!!! These were the real deal, prepared by a man locally known as Chicago Al, a transplant from Chicago to BR. He?s a blues musician who runs a hot dog stand to make ends meet. He had all the authentic ingredients, including the Vienna dogs, the poppy seed rolls, and the Puckered Pickle relishes, pickles, and sport peppers. The dogs were good!!

However, I think I prefer my rendition better. I like the Oscar Mayer Deli XXL dogs and the Pepperidge Farms hoagie rolls. Everything else is the same as the original. Either way, you can't go wrong!! :D

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Hey Sandsquatter - I have some vienna hot dogs in the freezer right now - brought down a couple of packs from the last trip down from Chicago. Made some this weekend.

JR - head over to the Riviera in Arlington Hts if you want a good Italian Beef sandwich. Andrea and Bobby make the leanest best beef. It is on Campbell - right downtown - tell them I said hi and miss them - they are great people. Andrea will usually be the one working the counter and Bobby is cooking.

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006
ATTENTION CHICAGO HOT DOG LOVERS:
Being born and raised in Chicago myself, I know that the Vienna Hot Dog was a staple food!! Nothing in the world tastes like a Chicago Hot Dog...except a Chicago Hot Dog! I too missed them very much when I moved to Fl., but we are all in luck as there is a Chicago Dawgs at 533 Beckrich Rd. in Panama City Bch.!!!!! It is owned and operated by a retired Police Officer and ALL the ingredients are IMPORTED FROM CHICAGO. I have had Hot Dogs (Chicago Style) there many times and let me tell you, they are the real thing!!! So set your palets and make the trip!!! Head east on 98 to Beckrich Rd. (Sonny's BBQ Southeast corner)right turn, head south, shopping center on left where the Edgewater Cinema is located!! UMMMMMUMMMMM GOOD!!!!! TASTES LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN ON A BUN!!! THE HOT TAMALE'S ARE EXCELLENT ALSO.......AND CHEAP!! DENNIS WISE