• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Punzy posted a picture of it in the political forum, a few have requested the recipe...so here it is. (go look at the picture..it is as pretty as it is good!)

Corn Bread Salad
Make at least 8 hours in advance. Can be made a day ahead.

1 box jiffy corn bread mix cook, cooled & crumbled (or other boxed corn bread mix)
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can corn niblets, drained
8 pieces of bacon, cooked & chopped
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 packet ranch dressing mixed with 1 cup mayo & 1 cup sour cream

Mix the corn, tomatoes, pepper & onion together. In a clear glass bowl put 1/2 of the corn bread. Sprinkle 1/2 of the vegetable mixture on top. Sprinkle the bacon on. Spread 1/2 of the dressing on top, and sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat layers. (reserve some of the vegetables to sprinkle on top of the last layer of cheese.
Refrigerate at least 8 hours.

This salad is great to take tailgating or covered dish affairs. Goes well with chicken or beef chili!
PS some people like to add a can of chopped chilis to the corn bread for a Mexican taste.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Dang, I went to the store today and tried to remember the recipe. I bought a red pepper instead of tomatoes...I remembered there was something red from the picture and didn't even think about tomatoes!! I also forgot the green onions. I did pretty good otherwise...guess I'm going back out cause I am making this tonight! I'm actually making 2. One for us and one for a sick friend who loves corn bread. :D

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I just finished it. Man, now I have to wait 8 hours. It might make a good breakfast.:D
OL, I imagine you're in the same predicament as me. In this area of the country we get HORRIBLE tomatoes!!!!!!!!!! :puke:It's just not gonna taste as good as with some wonderful tasting ripe tomatoes. I still want to try this but know it would taste better with decent tomatoes. Does anyone know, are there any decent tasting CANNED tomatoes (that don't taste like they came from a can)??