• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Last time I checked, the reach in coolers were broken (for at least two weeks, likely more now), and they had signs up saying the Freezers were not operating. However, one entire side of the freezer row, still had food in it. I'm still wondering if they are going to try to sell that crap when the freezers begin working again. One thing is for sure, they better step up the pace, soon, if they want to remain open. Gas prices may be $3 + per gallon, but I'll pay the difference to get decent food.

Oh, back to the road thing. Steeleing1, you are right. It will be only a matter of time before that stretch has some more stores added. The good news is that most of that property is owned by two developments, The Plantation at Freeport and Owl's Head, both which will likely have commercial along that road, but I'd guess that it will be a little nicer than norm, since it is still in their communities.

Kookey

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Freeport, FL
I think they need to change their name to 'Smelley's" bc it right stinks when you walk in the door! I live in Freeport and find myself crossing the bay to get even the small things...too many times have I gone in Smelley's and found out of date things...no thank you!! Maybe soon we'll move up in the world out in the 'Port and get a Publix :scratch:... wouldn't that be wonderful!?!?!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I forgot about the out of date items. I haven't shopped at Smelley's too often, but I've found items in the refrigerated areas which were more than a year out of date. Ever notice that their gallon jugs of milk tend to leak from the cap? They do, and it makes a mess in your car if you aren't careful. Let's start a new thread for grocery stores in Freeport, because this one could go on and on, on the tangent.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We shopped at Kelley's regularly when we lived in Freeport (had to). It used to be the best place around for meat and hand-cut steaks.

We did, however, stop buying produce after the evening Fuzz spotted the bug foggers going off without the produce being covered. :blink:

It's been about five years since I've been in there. Has it deteriorated that much?

See the sowallers always step up to the plate. See above.