• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I cannot wait to start giving directions when tourist season arrives. I can see the confusion already, and we will all look like idiots as we try to explain to some people to ignore the signs, because they confusing.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
080125-010.jpg

:lolabove:

:roll:

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
I cannot wait to start giving directions when tourist season arrives. I can see the confusion already, and we will all look like idiots as we try to explain to some people to ignore the signs, because they confusing.
it will look like we have all been on vacation to long and lost in margaritaville.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
My retirement beach home is in Seacrest too, just one word. ;-)
'Alys Beach' is just a development like 'Seacrest Beach'. Both are in Seacrest. It makes it so confusing when developments name themselves as if they were a town, isn't it? :dunno: What is their motivation for doing this? I miss the :cool: bike path thru nature too. Now it's like hollyhood with armed guards parked at both ends 24/7. Does the speed limit still jump from 20 straight to 45 there, then straight back to 35 within a few hundred feet? Why not a consistent 35 from and up to their 20 mph?

How did Rosemary get out of the blue signs though? :dunno:They are a real town, aren't they?...not a development name. Well good for them, they also don't have public beach access there? Wonder why everyone wasn't given the same opportunity to opt out if they diidn't like the huge blue signs too? What a waste...

I've only seen the pix so far and can't understand why our little complex had to get special permits and approval before even replacing our little sign, if the county isn't held to the same supposed strict corridor beauty rules. :dunno: If a kid or adult wrecks their bike on the path, it seems those concrete posts could really cause some possible head injuries. At least wood has a little give to it. :love: Could that be a lawsuit for the county waiting to happen? :dunno:

I know I miss the former detour/biketrail and :sosad:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach

Good Morning from Tampa JOe. Still thinking of Y'all down here. There are 17
days until the Commissioners meeting. If we prevail, there will be no signs by March. To quote a prominent developer on 30-A. "The big blue monsters must go!" Meditate on that......:D

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Where are the signs for Beach Highlands and the Brickyard?

I think we should insist that the TDC immediately order two more signs.

Welcome To Brickyard Beach

Welcome to Beach Highlands Beach

:funn:

amp in srb

Beach Lover
Dec 20, 2007
First. I loathe the signs.

No aesthetic value.

Second. What is the total coast of designing, building, installing and well apparently re-installing those things???????

Have we nothing better to deal with?????