• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
IMG_3103.JPG

It would not be right if I did not share the other side of the sunset.
Please remember to take your crappola off the beach.

IMG_3160.JPG

Who is this SoWal Poster???

IMG_2946.JPG

More here.

Last edited:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Well SJ, all I can say is "gorgeous." You're getting really good. Thanks for sharing. As usual, you caught the sunset that I was too busy to enjoy.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Camp Creek Kid said:
Well SJ, all I can say is "gorgeous." You're getting really good. Thanks for sharing. As usual, you caught the sunset that I was too busy to enjoy.

Thanks, I am going for quantity, and with luck, quality will sneak in on occasion. You better stop working and move your booty to the beach to see a few sunsets. It is so beautiful that you would think you are in Old Milwalkee.

By the way _____________, it was good to finally meet you tonight. Thanks for saying high. ;-) Glad you enjoyed your visit.:D

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
Is that Sueshore? :dunno:

SJ that is the BEST sunset picture everrrr! Love the yellow surrounding it along with the wave action...you captured a beauty!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
What kind of camera do you have? Any special lenses or filters?

Most of the photos which I post are taken with my Olympus Stylus 400, which easily fits into my pocket, although it is on its last leg. I have carried it everywhere, yes, everywhere, for the last two years. It passes the duribiltiy test with flying colors. Once, I even found it on the beach :shock:. I knocked off the sand (impossible in reality) and it is still hanging in there. It is advertised as "weatherproof," although all of the writing rubbed off long ago. I don't use a filter, but will occasionally photoshop photos for cropping and framing.

PS - I do not endorse "Steve's Digicam," from whence the photo of the camera came.

Edit: as for the SoWal Poster, I will let that person speak for him/her self. :D

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sunny Daze said:
Is that Sueshore? :dunno:

SJ that is the BEST sunset picture everrrr! Love the yellow surrounding it along with the wave action...you captured a beauty!

Thanks, but if I really captured it, that would be great. This really does not come anywhere close to being there and "experiencing" the sound, the feel, the smell, and the sight of it all. I just take the photos for you guys who cannot make it the beach in person just as a reminder for the beauty that remains here and which we all must defend. What is that old phrase? - "'til death do us part."

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you guys really want to send thanks for my photos, I think you all should pm WaterMan and share your kind words. Without him, you might be out of luck regarding my photos. That guy hooked me up. I have not seen him post for a while, that is why I say to pm him. I thank him with every photo I take. He is a kind soul. We love you WaterMan! :clap_1: