• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Princess

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
Here, There and Everywhere
My precinct (as well as quite a few others around here) is in a church gym, but others are in the Civic Center, a conference center, and wherever they can put them. I have known schools to shut down on election day because of the need for space, which I think is ridiculous.

I've always thought that churches and schools should share buildings, since one is only open on evenings and Sundays and the other is hardly ever open on evenings and Sundays. Church and State are institutions; sanctuaries and polling places are merely structures.

Agreed. So what is the solution to this?:dunno:

Beach Princess

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
I am without words on this one. And that, my friend, is a feat. Just ask ShallowsNole. You are to be congratulated.
Strike that- it was in my previous state that I got notice...I am not complaining! Just pointing out something that I find to be ...odd...Hey...I can complain about everything...I voted! If you did not vote...don't complain! Thank god we live in the US of A!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
BeachPrincess, you should read SoWal.com more often. WaltonGOP and myself have mentioned the early voting more than once, for more than a week. All I can say is that you cannot rely on your gov't to tell you to do things, or that things are available. You have to be proactive and do your own dd, no matter the subject. If you ARE relying on the gov't, maybe you would be more interested in John McCain, or the Democratic Party. (just having a little fun with you.)

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
I understand that there is a seperation of Church and State, but why am I forced to cast my vote in a church merely because it will facilitate the masses?
I find it to be insulting and against the basic foundation of seperation of Church and State.

Am I wrong? What do you think?

:dunno:

This is merely my thoughts and opinions- would love feedback!
:bang::trainwreck:
in california in the past some of the places to vote were actually in the garages of houses in neighborhoods, i don't know if it is still that way or not but, i found that very strange. it seems to me that one day a house would have political signs displayed then the next day (voting day) the signs would taken down and the polls would open in the garage locations.so the church seems to be better than that to me.

Beach Princess

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
You, Smilin' JOe and Walton GOP are right! I am trying to be more proactive...I still have a problem castin my vote in a religious facility...Just my opinion...BTW... I declare that I did vote for McCain AND FOR #1. I am not ashamed of my vote...people may disagree but it is my vote and I'm stickin' to it!