• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cassie

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2004
Saint Louie/Grayton
Just wanted to say thanks again for posting such great pictures all the time. Every week I snag one for a new "desktop" on my computer, it's very uplifting. I also e mail one or two to my husband at work to remind him why we write that check out every month for a home so far away ... he he he, thanks!

:clap_1:

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
Smiling JOe said:
If you guys really want to send thanks for my photos, I think you all should pm WaterMan and share your kind words. Without him, you might be out of luck regarding my photos. That guy hooked me up. I have not seen him post for a while, that is why I say to pm him. I thank him with every photo I take. He is a kind soul. We love you WaterMan! :clap_1:

It is ironic that I logged on today for the first time in quite a while. Smiling Joe has provided me all the way on the other coast with pictures of South Walton for a long time now. I only agree with the rest that this man puts more smiles on peoples faces, not only nationwide, but around t :clap_1: he globe as well. Thans again SJ for your contribution to me, but the public service as well.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Waterman said:
It is ironic that I logged on today for the first time in quite a while. Smiling Joe has provided me all the way on the other coast with pictures of South Walton for a long time now. I only agree with the rest that this man puts more smiles on peoples faces, not only nationwide, but around t :clap_1: he globe as well. Thans again SJ for your contribution to me, but the public service as well.

We elect you president of the Smiling JOe Fan Club! I'll take the post that talks all the time!!!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Smiling JOe said:
... and from the toxic fumes, died two years early, and still left rusty metal on the beach.

oh, no, I wouldn't have stuck around to watch - the owners of the 'beach trash' or their supposed 'friends' would have probably called the cops if someone 'messed with their belongings'. Just dress up (or down) to look like your lest-favorite person, chuck a...hmmm, I'd better not tell y'all exactly how to do it just in case y'all get some hare-brained ideas...and POOF, then run like hell! But I would have loved to seen the looks on the stupid faces the next day when all their stuff they left behind was all charred and useless. The 'hand flap' and the 'foot stomp' are the best. Fire is so cleansing. Tents make the most pretty colored fire. If someone leaves it on the public beach, then they take the risk of some crazy beach lover (like me) torching it to make a point. And it will be removed much quicker, since the beach patrol can call it in to be removed if its charred but cannot touch it whole. Passive resistance never won a war.

http://www.wjhg.com/news/headlines/859647.html (panama city beach - you are not the only ones with the problem)

"The board wants to refocus the trash pickup to public areas of the beach, therefore requiring beach front property owners to step up their effort in keeping the world's most beautiful beaches beautiful."

Be sure you have your tetanus shot SJ!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
aquaticbiology said:
oh, no, I wouldn't have stuck around to watch - the owners of the 'beach trash' or their supposed 'friends' would have probably called the cops if someone 'messed with their belongings'. Just dress up (or down) to look like your lest-favorite person, chuck a...hmmm, I'd better not tell y'all exactly how to do it just in case y'all get some hare-brained ideas...and POOF, then run like hell! But I would have loved to seen the looks on the stupid faces the next day when all their stuff they left behind was all charred and useless. The 'hand flap' and the 'foot stomp' are the best. Fire is so cleansing. Tents make the most pretty colored fire. If someone leaves it on the public beach, then they take the risk of some crazy beach lover (like me) torching it to make a point. And it will be removed much quicker, since the beach patrol can call it in to be removed if its charred but cannot touch it whole. Passive resistance never won a war.

http://www.wjhg.com/news/headlines/859647.html (panama city beach - you are not the only ones with the problem)

"The board wants to refocus the trash pickup to public areas of the beach, therefore requiring beach front property owners to step up their effort in keeping the world's most beautiful beaches beautiful."

Be sure you have your tetanus shot SJ!

The reason these were piled up is probably due to the owners leaving town, and leaving their crappola on the beach. Your burning it would do nothing, except emit toxic fumes into our atmosphere. I guess you still burn tires for your campfires in MS?
idontno.gif

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Smiling JOe said:
The reason these were piled up is probably due to the owners leaving town, and leaving their crappola on the beach. Your burning it would do nothing, except emit toxic fumes into our atmosphere. I guess you still burn tires for your campfires in MS?
idontno.gif

why, of course! it get's rid of the mosquitos! :razz:

just kidding, we retread them and use them on our cars! :evil:

toxic fumes not withstanding, perhaps it would be a warning to the others

but I bet they said "we'll leave them for somebody else to use" and felt good about themselves as they walked away

if everything left unoccupied overnight were torched, the County would have to act, which they wouldn't if the items just disappeared.

so if we can't burn them...

how about processing them CSI style and sending the owners a bill

maybe a grand per item?

'local company gets big contract for beach cleanup and forensic processing'?

'said to have huge prospect for additional county earnings (and clean up our beaches)'?

like that planet in 'hitchhiker's guide' where the difference between what you consume and release comes out of your fleshy bits

or we could just let the TDC worry about it - they sold out to these people

or we could retreat the houses back, force the oily cars and suv's off the beach and make the beachgoers lug their trash under armed guard

you live there, you decide

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
I confess, our own Smilin' Joe caught me walking the beach at sunset in clamdiggers and a baseball cap, the SoWal poster. Heather Lockyear, eat your heart out... :funn: What a gorgeous week it was, even with the red tide coming in one day pretty bad. Where else in the world could you walk up to a guy on the beach, ask if he's the guy who reported on your house after the storm, and hit the jackpot? It was great to meet you. Hope we see you over the holidays. We are thinking about that little party sometime between Christmas and New Year's.

How was the fish??? Our neighbors brought over a big bag of freshly caught red snapper and grouper, which was the best fish I've ever eaten. I made a low country boil one night and the shrimp were fine and tasty. We also had some flounder that was yummy. FYI, the new Publix Market Bakery made a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for my mother's birthday party and it was wonderful! Also very reasonably priced at $13 and served 12. (Christmas is coming...)

I loved meeting all of you, Smilin' Joe and the anniversary couple from Atlanta and Kurt (Finally! a Kurt meet'cha-in-the-face!) Kurt, the photography show at Bud & Alley's is stunning and I love our baby sting ray print.

One would think that I wouldn't be so stunned by the beauty of our beaches, having lived there for so many years. But this past week just took my breath away (and I'm not talking about the red tide). It's a spot worth saving and fighting for, in spite of the storms and rising costs and ever increasing crowds. We are so excited about being able to spend the holidays there this year.

And...oh, those crab cakes at The Red Bar!!! :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Donna said:
I confess, our own Smilin' Joe caught me walking the beach at sunset in clamdiggers and a baseball cap, the SoWal poster. Heather Lockyear, eat your heart out... :funn:

IMG_3160.JPG

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Sounds like a most perfect visit! Have you left so soon?