• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I am sure this has been done before but there are so many newbie's on here so I figured I would try it....

Me? Somehow, I received an email from mooncreekstudios.com about hurricane photos....that was all she wrote..:lol:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I found it by looking for information about Seagrove Villas and Motel after Hurricane Ivan hit in 2004. The rest is history.:cool::wave:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I found it by looking for information about Seagrove Villas and Motel after Hurricane Ivan hit in 2004. The rest is history.:cool::wave:

Me, too...and remember I LURKED for an entire year! :eek:

Found it searching online for hurricane info. We were at our Seagrove house and trying to decide whether or not to board up. Found graytonbeach.com, the precursor to sowal.com. The message board was invaluable during all of the hurricanes, and afterwards when we weren't allowed back into the area to check on our property. People like Smiley J offered to check our property to let us know if it was okay. If you haven't been through this, you can't imagine how wonderful it was to have this type of support and information.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, there is another thread like this floating in cyberspace. Ex wife found Graytonbeach.com

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
I was later with hurricane Dennis and I just couldn't get info anywhere. Kurt and Smiling Joe were better than the local news.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Found it searching online for hurricane info. We were at our Seagrove house and trying to decide whether or not to board up. Found graytonbeach.com, the precursor to sowal.com. The message board was invaluable during all of the hurricanes, and afterwards when we weren't allowed back into the area to check on our property. People like Smiley J offered to check our property to let us know if it was okay. If you haven't been through this, you can't imagine how wonderful it was to have this type of support and information.

Ditto for me!