• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Several years ago, my husband (before he was Mr. Pod) took a trip to SoWal and had a delicious meal at an Italian restaurant in Destin. He raved about it and said we'd have to eat there one day. I remember a couple of years ago when we were down there, he pointed out a billboard/sign for the place, but we didn't make it there that trip, and we've both since forgotten the name. He said he remembers they served bread with some sort of yummy dipping something-or-other. Anyone have any idea where I might be talking about?

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
It could be "Grazie" across from the "Back Porch." They do have really good bread served with olive oil mixed with roasted garlic. They also have a bar upstairs, the Sky Bar.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
dbuck said:
It could be "Grazie" across from the "Back Porch." They do have really good bread served with olive oil mixed with roasted garlic. They also have a bar upstairs, the Sky Bar.
That's it! At first, the name didn't click for him, but in relation to the Back Porch, it did! Thanks!
Anybody else had any meals there?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
They still do the garlic, but the quality of the rest of their food seems to have slipped a bit over the years, IMO. Our pick for Italian in that area these days is the Ciao Bella/ Gugliemo's restaurants.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
beachmouse said:
They still do the garlic, but the quality of the rest of their food seems to have slipped a bit over the years, IMO. Our pick for Italian in that area these days is the Ciao Bella/ Gugliemo's restaurants.
Thanks for the input, beachmouse. I read some comments on one of the review sites, some major complaints about rude service--no thanks. Plus, honestly, going to Destin for dinner feels like too much effort...why bother? :dunno:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
And it's easy enough to roast your own garlic add a little good olive oil and oregano and make your own bread spread. Worst part of the process is the waiting time for the garlic to cool after you take it out of the oven. (seems like forever though it's not)

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
beachmouse said:
And it's easy enough to roast your own garlic add a little good olive oil and oregano and make your own bread spread. Worst part of the process is the waiting time for the garlic to cool after you take it out of the oven. (seems like forever though it's not)
I totally agree! But this trip is about being lazy! :clap_1:

tomandluisa

Beach Crab
Feb 2, 2008
We like some of the Guglielmo's dish, but their staff are very rude, we discovery a year ago that Guglielmo sold his restaurant La dolce Vita in Santa Rosa Beach to some Italian guys they are now running this restaurant and the Bar. Locanda Italiana is very a family business from the waiters to the Chef, Esther is our preferred waiter she is adorable, and she is the wife of the main owner, but we believe that is just her attitudinal she is great as the food is the paccheri caprese are just terrific, the veal parmigiana yummy, and the bread is homemade nothing then you can be compare it, you need to try

bravo LOCANDA ITALIANA:clap::clap: