• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
Now thats a very good suggestion, Well instead of just the blue signs lets erect Billboards! :rofl:
Anyone have any roadside property to lease a 10 square foot section? Yes billboards are the answer!:lolabove:
let's show the beach and gulf on the billboards, now that would be something to see from 30a.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
The sign at the south end of the 331 bridge is gone.

I assume that it was removed by a work crew.

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
That's good news...where do I send the Thank You?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Dave, I glanced at the agenda and didn't see the sign issue- here is the link. I'm going to look again because I may have missed it.

http://story.waltonsun.com/article.display.db.php?a=2448

You are correct; I was wrong regarding the TDC meeting happening before this Tuesdays meeting.

I verified with the Commissioners office that the TDC will make a recommendation to to BCC on FEB 26 in Defuniak Springs. I am going to attend the Wed. Feb 13th TDC Board Meeting at 9:00 a.m. I will have a better sense of the TDC's position on sign removal after then.

The BCC needs to hear what the TDC's response is before a final decision is made by the BCC. Even though this issue is not on the agenda this week, anyone is welcome to attend and speak at the 12th BCC meeting regarding signs. I suggest if you can't go to the Meeting on the 26th go this Tuesday and be heard.

Please pass the word; copy and email to anyone interested in having the signs removed.

Thanks, Dave

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Big Blue Sign Removal Information Thread

The purpose of this thread is to keep any one interested in having the TDC Blue signs removed informed on progress.

Change of Meeting Notice:

I was wrong regarding the TDC meeting happening before this Tuesdays
Board of County Commissioners meeting.

I verified with the Commissioners office that the TDC will make a
recommendation to to Board of Commissioners on FEB 26 in Defuniak Springs. I am going to attend the Wed. Feb 13th TDC Board Meeting at 9:00 a.m. I will have a better sense of the TDC's position on sign removal after then.

The BCC needs to hear what the TDC's response is before a final
decision is made by the BCC. Even though this issue is not on the
agenda this week, anyone is welcome to attend and speak at the 12th
BCC meeting regarding signs. I suggest if you can't go to the Meeting
on the 26th go this Tuesday and be heard.

The TDC board has reached out to Claire Bannerman asking her to attend the TDC board meeting this Wednesday at 9:00. Claire is also meeting with interim TDC Director, Sonny Mares today; I see this as a positive development. The blue sign at the foot of 331 bridge was removed this week.

Please pass the word; copy and email to anyone interested in having
the signs removed.

Thanks, Dave

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
The TDC board has reached out to Claire Bannerman asking her to attend
the TDC board meeting this Wednesday at 9:00. Claire is also meeting
with interim TDC Director, Sonny Mares today; I see this as a positive
development. The TDC removed the sign at the foot of 331 this week, another positive development.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I strongly suggest everyone who believes the TDC should remove the Big Blue Signs on 30-A attend the TDC board meeting this Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. at the Tourist Development Council at the corner of 331 and hwy 98

The meeting is open to the public

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Re: Big Blue Sign Removal Information Thread

I strongly suggest everyone who believes the TDC should remove the Big Blue Signs on 30-A attend the TDC board meeting this Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. at the Tourist Development Council at the corner of 331 and hwy 98

The meeting is open to the public