• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

desertbluff

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2008
Tucson, AZ
We are planning a return visit to Seacrest or Rosemary Beach in September and/or October. I'm wondering if the beach and the water will still be warm enough, particularly through mid to late October. We love long beach walks and swimming in shallower water.

Thanks!

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Terrible. No just kidding. :welcome: Actually that is the best time of year. Don't tell anyone!

We have a house in the Seacrest Beach development with the 12,000 square foot pool (it's for rent, great Gulf views, PM me if interested) and my boys swam in October and early November this year. The pool is not heated btw. The weather that time of year is darned close to perfect. There is a great wine festival sometime in October in Rosemary that is very popular. You can't go wrong!

Edit to say that the water does cool off from its bathwater summer highs, but I don't think it's too cold for most people to swim until sometime in November. I'm sure someone else can provide more details.

Last edited:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
If no tropical storms, Sept and Oct are simply the BEST time to SoWal.

Almost as good as the first warm days of spring.

(gotta get me some sun!!!!!)

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
September and October are the best times to have funn in sowal. My family and I come down every September and unless there has been a hurricane, it is absolutely FAB! Not a lot of tourists, no kids running around, no long waits at local restaurants, etc. Also, we have been down several times in Dec, Jan and Feb and very nice as well. As a matter of fact, we will be down in 2 weeks! Can't wait!:clap:

Little Fish

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I also agree that Sept and Oct is the best time of year to visit. The only downside is that yellow flies love that time of year as well... If they're on the beach, it's miserable...

The problem is you never know ahead of time when they'll arrive.

Little Fish

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
Sept. and October are absolutely my favorite time at the beach. There are no crowds and the water is still at a very comfortable temperature (way down from the bathwater-warm that it can get in August). We love to have friends down for at least a couple of UGA-away-game viewing weekends. Just watch out for those pesky flies and hurricanes.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
September and October are the best times to have funn in sowal. My family and I come down every September and unless there has been a hurricane, it is absolutely FAB! Not a lot of tourists, no kids running around, no long waits at local restaurants, etc. Also, we have been down several times in Dec, Jan and Feb and very nice as well. As a matter of fact, we will be down in 2 weeks! Can't wait!:clap:

whiskey river, awesome puppy tar you got there.:D

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
If you make a reservation, be sure you have a full understanding of whether you can get a refund in the event of inclement weather. Policies of local management companies do vary, and usually there has to be a mandatory evacuation of the area for any refunds or credits to occur if you don't go.