• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
My brother-in-law is confined to a wheelchair. He and his wife love to spend a two or three weeks on 30a each year. They currently have a wonderful beachfront handicapped accessible condo that they rent in High Pointe that is perfect for them, but they would love to have another option in case this unit is not available. He is very mobile and needs only the minimal handicapped accessible features. If his wheelchair can roll up beside it (tub, shower, toilet, bed, etc.) it would be functional for him.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The best time to find something suitable would probably be early December when most rental units are empty so that he can actually go in them and look at them. Unfortunately most vacation homes do not have handicap accessories unless the owner or member of the owners family needs them.

I know that there is only one house in WaterColor and Water Sound that will be fully handicap accessible if built. Unfortunately it will be a full time residence.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I would call the Beaches of South Walton TDC and see if they have any information on accessible units. Their # is 800 822-6877 or www.beachesofsouthwalton.com. Good luck.

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
The best time to find something suitable would probably be early December when most rental units are empty so that he can actually go in them and look at them. Unfortunately most vacation homes do not have handicap accessories unless the owner or member of the owners family needs them.

I know that there is only one house in WaterColor and Water Sound that will be fully handicap accessible if built. Unfortunately it will be a full time residence.

Thanks for your reply. My sister-in-law and I did spends 4 or 5 days looking in the Seacrest area and that's when we found the High Pointe condo. We will continue to look.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.

If all else fails ask them for the phone number for a few of the "bigger" rental agencies in that area. I am thinking Resortquest, Beach Rentals of South Walton, Emerald Sun, Garrett Realty, and Seagrove on the Beach Realty have properties in that area. I hope it helps.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
I believe the condos at Watersound are accessible. Also, if you rent through the WaterSound rental agency, you can use the Beach Club, which I think has a special "beach wheelchair" that's available. You should confirm this with Watersound if it's of interest to you.

http://www.watersoundvacations.com/

800-413-2363

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I believe the condos at Watersound are accessible. Also, if you rent through the WaterSound rental agency, you can use the Beach Club, which I think has a special "beach wheelchair" that's available. You should confirm this with Watersound if it's of interest to you.

http://www.watersoundvacations.com/

800-413-2363

Crib connection rents beach wheelchairs too. 850 654 8890.