• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Big Blue Sign Removal Information Thread

If removing the signs were only as easy as erasing them in photoshop, all would be well. I have a wrench, but I need a chainsaw to cut through that darn red tape of bureaucracy.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005

850-231-1846 FAX Thanks; or email to dave@budandalleys.com

Dave, maybe we could get a roll of Butcher Paper and leave it on the bar at B&A and let anyone who is for removing the signs, sign the petition. Then, you could take it to the meeting and unroll it for the Commissioners...

Use SJ's with sign/without sign Sunset as the logo.....

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Speaking of big blue signs, I was comparing these to the same style signs at the County Annex in SoWal and notice that those sign posts are a nice green, though the paint is fading. If the TDC was trying to maintain a common link in addition to the TDC logo, that green color would have been less distracting. I hope Claire will have some good input on replacement signs.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

I will make every effort to be there! I'm thinking Hibiscus before the TDC meeting for a little coffee and breakfast!:clap:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

getimage.dll

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007

SJ, I just love you to pieces. :D

RR and I will definately be there. Noticed, though, that the sign at the foot of the 331 Bridge (welcome to Walton County) is missing. Has it been peacably removed or violently highjacked?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I'm not sure of the manner in which the sign was removed. Maybe Commissioner Jones ran it over with his pick-up truck. I hear that he may have been a little more than offended by the placement of the "Welcome to Walton County" part of the sign.

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007

He was offended at the placement of the actual sign or the words on the sign?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Just my guess, but I don't think he would object to a "Welcome to Walton County" sign if it were placed at an entry point into the County, so it is most likely the placement which is rather effed up. (the big and blue part is a separate issue and I don't know of his thoughts on that.)

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington

Love the Big Blue Monsters design. We need to make buttons or print lapel stickers for the meeting. Anyone know if we have time? Is there someone local?