• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jimmy Macon

Beach Comber
Feb 10, 2008
I,Jimmy Macon, want to be your next sheriff of Walton County, I was born on March 28,1958, in Pickens County Alabama. I attended school through the fifth grade in Pickens County. The remainder of my schooling was completed in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. In May of 1975, I joined the United States Army. I served for over 20 years as an Airborne Infantryman/Unit Police Commander and retired in September of 1996. In that same year, I moved to Walton County and began working as a Walton County Deputy. I proudly served the citizens for 9 years in various roles such as;k9 handler,school resource officer, and traffic and civil enforcer. I hold a Bachelor's of Art in Criminal Justice. I also have many law enforcement certificates. My extensive training has prepared me for response to school violence, hostage negotiations, and organized crime(drug distribution),to name a few. The citizens of Walton County need a sheriff that will make a difference by serving the people and live up to the true meaning of , serve and protect, as well as keeping his word. A sheriff that will be totally involved in the daily operation of the sheriff's office and that will be out and about in the community making contact with the citizens as well as businesses. Create job security for the department employees as well as better advancement opportunities, increase school security to keep our kids and staff safe in order to learn and teach,get aggressive on correctly addressing illegal aliens, sexual predators, drug distribution, and aggressive drivers. Working collaborativaly with firefighters, medical responders, emergency operation centers,and other law enforcement agencies. Start an all volunteer citizens observer program to assist deputies in combating crime throughout the county. C.O.P. volunterrs will patrol neighborhoods to deter crime and act as an extra set of eyes and ears for the law enforcement community.Sheriff explorer program,an opportunity for teens to experience the inner working of a police organization and to serve their community. Reverse 911, a community policing system which places phone calls to specified geographic area within the county, and provide residents with a pre-recorded message containing important information. The system will be utilized only in emergency situations. Hold a quarterly community forum to listen to your concerns and give updates on whats going on in and aruond Walton County. If elected you will have a sheriff with outstanding leadership and management skills that will have a vary good working relationship with all employees as well as the communities within Walton County and the surrounding area. Community affairs being handled in a timely manner. I will provide purpose, direction, and motivation to all employees of the sheriff's office, as well as the citizens of Walton County.The ethical development of self and subordinates is a key component of a sheriffs development. To succeed in upholding his or her oath of office, a sheriff must make a personal commitment to the professional law enforcement ethics and strive to develop this commitment throughout the sheriffs office and the community. If elected as your Sheriff I will be responsive to you the citizens and I WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. Jimmy Macon

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
jimmy you have 2 votes in my house. best of luck. i am sure you know what needs to be done.