• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
OK - I feel I need to stem the tide a bit - BUY LOCAL.

We don't need more chains or stores. Everything you need you can now get in SoWal. If we don't have it you don't need it. If you do need something exotic from afar, like plaid clothing, you can get it delivered to your door.The prices in SoWal may be a bit higher but you can save money on gas, and you are supporting our neighbors.

A final thought - if you feel a burning desire to spend your $600 government "see we're here to help" rebate, spend it local!

I definitely agree that with the exception of clothing, a wide variety of good produce, and unique/random household/hardware items you can now get it all in Sowal. And I find that between Grand Boulevard, Destin Commons, and a visit to Target or Lowe's every couple of months, you're set!

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
Thank you, SJ and Sowalgayboi, for your continued love, support, and belief in the validity of my gossip.

It means a lot. (sniff)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I definitely agree that with the exception of clothing, a wide variety of good produce, and unique/random household/hardware items you can now get it all in Sowal. And I find that between Grand Boulevard, Destin Commons, and a visit to Target or Lowe's every couple of months, you're set!

I don't want anything in SoWal, but it is nice to have the stuff that I like availabel in Destin or PCB.

BTW Kurt, you need a decent blender to make those healthy smoothies.:cool:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
To me, local encompasses everything from Hwy 231 in Panama City to the Marler Bridge in Destin.

It used to include Fort Walton Beach, but man it's a pain to get over there now.

Also, the kids don't hang out in SoWal. That honor currently goes to Destin Commons, which I have come to despise. Sometimes they run around Seaside, but to me, that's as exciting as having a rash.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
I personally am thrilled to hear that we have a new Publix coming to 98 that is pretty close to me.:clap:

I was around before we had any grocery stores and when you work full time and have two hungry boys, having a grocery nearby is a huge convenience and time saver.

My main grocery store now is Publix/WaterColor but it is a royal pain in the you-know-what to go there during tourist season, especially when you shop like I need to. Having another Publix nearby to take the pressure off WaterColor Publix in high season will be wonderful. I bet the new one will become the "locals" grocery store.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I always try to buy local only because I hate to get off of 30A

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

I have no idea about clothes, and I won't get between women and what they wear (often), but you can open a new browser window and get clothes from anywhere in the world. I'm sure women have to try stuff on from time to time but that is just a bad habit. :lol:

What is a "unique/random household/hardware item"? If Frank's or Ace doesn't have it do you really need it? And if you do, you can also order it. There also is a wide variety of good produce at the stores I already mentioned but it may be a bit seasonal, which just means it's fresher.

Jdarg, my blender may have a broken button (who really needs "mix" when you have 8 other speeds?), and leak a little bit, but the motor is running strong and I am happy to spin it as long as it will allow me. Although the chip in the top of the pitcher worries me a little. Where'd the chip go? Still I like the fact that I can find one on the internet in 5 minutes that has good reviews, is made in America, cheaper than target, and is delivered to my door.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I have no idea about clothes, and I won't get between women and what they wear (often), but you can open a new browser window and get clothes from anywhere in the world. I'm sure women have to try stuff on from time to time but that is just a bad habit. :lol:

What is a "unique/random household/hardware item"? If Frank's or Ace doesn't have it do you really need it? And if you do, you can also order it. There also is a wide variety of good produce at the stores I already mentioned but it may be a bit seasonal, which just means it's fresher.

Jdarg, my blender may have a broken button (who really needs "mix" when you have 8 other speeds?), and leak a little bit, but the motor is running strong and I am happy to spin it as long as it will allow me. Although the chip in the top of the pitcher worries me a little. Where'd the chip go? Still I like the fact that I can find one on the internet in 5 minutes that has good reviews, is made in America, cheaper than target, and is delivered to my door.

:clap::clap::clap:I love ordering everything on line and having it delivered to mydoor...

Last edited: