• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Thinking about suprising the lady friend with 3 nights in Grayton the last weekend of March and I have 2 questions:

Will it be warm enough for shorts and will the spring break crowd be bad? Its been a long time since I did the spring break thing and I dont know if Grayton gets hit pretty bad with partying kids or not. I'm hoping not as I'd like to come down to relax. Thanks in advance!

Hello to all! I havent been on the board in a while.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Will it be warm enough for shorts and will the spring break crowd be bad?

Weatherwise March is one of those unpredictible months. It should be nice and warm but it could be windy with a late season cold front.
It will still be spring break but it should be okay as long as you are not right next to a big party house.
In other words, it's kind of iffy. Buy Grayton is lovely, and I bet your lady friend would really appreciate this kind of surprise. Just be flexible, there is lots to do here and it is always pretty. I say, come on down!

:welcome:

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Looks like we're going to hold off till mid April. Works better for her schedule and it will be warmer.

NotDeadYet,

Thanks for the reply. I love Grayton and cant wait to come down. I've been building it up to my girlfriend for quite a while and now its time to introduce her to heaven. :cool:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
If you're there on the 19th, you never know what kind of partying kids you might meet. :eek:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mike B, two days ago, we had warm temps around 70F. Yesteday, the high was about 44F degrees and that came around 7am. Who knows what the weather will be like. Expect wind, which can make it cold. Should be fairly busy for spring break, but nothing like drunk people in Destin and PCB.

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
We're either coming on April 18th or 25th. Should I wait till the 25th to make sure all spring breakers are gone? I've found a place withing walking distance of the beach and Red Bar for $230/$190 a night (depending on before or after April 14th). Ill make a post in the Vacation Rental section and if anyone has a great place that meet these two parameters in the same price range let me know!

SoWal,

I noticed the rate drop also! :cool: That was another attractive point for my budget!

Its 54 degrees in Nashville today! Woo hoo!!!