• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
I'm planning our vacation for early August. After doing extensive research for about a month, I've narrowed down our choices to a condo at WaterSound or the Sanctuary at Redfish. Both are available for about the same rate, so price isn't an issue. What I feel is important is:
  • privacy
  • natural surroundings
  • nice pools
  • easy access to the beach
  • beach in area without high-rise condos and townhomes
  • area conducive to walking or riding bikes
  • attractive and modern furnishings
  • proximity to restaurants and shopping
WaterSound Beach meets all the above criteria, but will be a bit more "busy" than the Sanctuary at Redfish which I expect will be practically empty. Getting to the beach will be by shuttle boat or by car if we stay at Redfish, which is a drawback. I've been looking at photos of WaterSound and I'm impressed with the beauty of the area. The bridges and walkways that wind through the dunes are very attractive.

I'm hoping that some of you might share your opinions as to which you prefer and why.

:chill:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I don't think Watersound could ever be really "busy"- it is so spread out and beautiful. It takes my breath away every time I am lucky enough to visit!

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
I don't think Watersound could ever be really "busy"- it is so spread out and beautiful. It takes my breath away every time I am lucky enough to visit!

I'm glad to hear that it won't be busy. From what I've read, WaterSound Beach is spread out over 256 acres and has 1 mile of beachfront. Plus there are three community pools. That seems like plenty of room for everyone. However, I do think there will definitely be more people there than at the Sanctuary at Redfish.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com

We've got to agree with you ... Watersound is breathtaking .... we have spent a lot of time on the property over the past 6 months ... it's so quiet and we love the way it blends into the nature ... and all the pathways to the beach .... it is in our opinion the nicest of the 30A developments if you are looking for privacy and uncrowded beaches ....

Spent the day there yesterday taking photos of a condo that some clients of ours are going to make an offer .... one of the things we love most about this unit is that when you sit on your balcony and look east you see nothing but dunes & beautiful beach ... if you look west, you can see the rest of the property but only (1) tall building in the distant beach

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Watersound:
  • privacy 256 acres .. many places to find your own secret spot
  • natural surroundings dune lakes, Deer Lake state park, nature trails on property and across the 30A, and of course the beach
  • nice pools several pools on property
  • easy access to the beach several paths to the beach
  • beach in area without high-rise condos and townhomes property is so large you don't really see any
  • area conducive to walking or riding bikes just go out of the property and hit the 30A bike path, or the nature trails on the north side of 30A
  • attractive and modern furnishings every condo or home we've viewed has been exquisite
  • proximity to restaurants and shopping rosemary beach just to the east and seagrove / seaside just west of the property

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
WaterSound.

Your requirement for "easy access to the beach" would make the boatride to the beach at the Sanctuary a deal-breaker.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
WaterSound would be my personal choice. "Easy access to the beach," is too vague. WaterSound has easy access, but it will still be a haul with a bunch of beach gear. Sanct at Redfish does have the boat shuttle, but I wonder what time the boat driver stops running. If sunsets on the beach are important and the driver stops running at 7pm, you may be out of luck. I also wouldn't count on driving to the 83 Access if staying at Sanct at RF, because parking is very limited and there may not be space to park.

WaterSound is probably going to feel much more private than Sanctuary at Redfish, even though Sanct. at RF may be mostly empty.