• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
My story is pretty close to aleonard's. I lurked for a while, but once I heard about the Blithe Spirit thread, I couldn't keep quiet any longer.

And now you guys are stuck with me. :D

Stuck in a good way. You are such a breath of fresh air. The Blithe Spirit mess at school was truly the pits, but I have to say that I met some great people and made more new friends. And now look where we are!:clap: I think we really came out ahead!

TGIF Kase!!!:D

Hi everyone,
Feel like I should introduce myself. My husband and I have a local architecture firm, Archiscapes, LLC. We do homes and offices all over 30A, Destin, Ft. Walton and on.
I'm 27, a hopeless romantic, a running fool, and if I don't start filing soon I'll never find my desk again.
Welcome to you all too!

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Hi everyone,
Feel like I should introduce myself. My husband and I have a local architecture firm, Archiscapes, LLC. We do homes and offices all over 30A, Destin, Ft. Walton and on.
I'm 27, a hopeless romantic, a running fool, and if I don't start filing soon I'll never find my desk again.
Welcome to you all too!

Welcome BTB !!!, from a fellow hopeless romantic and messy desk person. Get the files in order--it is almost tax time!:welcome:

Nine4cobra

Beach Comber
Feb 8, 2008
Hello all :wave:, I am new to the forums. I am from Atlanta and have lived here approx 5 years and found this very cool and informative forum a while back and decided to take part...

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the message board. The first and only time I vacationed in the area was way back in 1995 when we stayed at Seaside. We're finally going to return this summer. :D

I'm 50 years old and a stay-at-home Mom with a 15-year-old daughter. My husband just completed 30 years with the school system, so he's eligible to retire. We live in the suburbs of Washington, DC. The county where we live is ranked as the 3rd most affluent in the country. Working and getting your kid into a great college seem to be priorities and it's a crazy lifestyle around here. Houses here cost at least $700K and it seems like all we are doing is working to pay our mortgage. The Beaches of South Walton seem like a world away!!

I'm a true beachaholic. I grew up spending my summers at our beach house in Maryland swimming, crabbing, and sunbathing. We sold it back in 1992 and I miss it so much. We go on beach vacations at least 1-2 times every year. We've been to beaches all over the US. We've vacationed at the Maryland and Delaware beaches, VA Beach, the Outer Banks, Ocean Isle Beach, Bald Head Island, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head Island, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, the Keys, Naples, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island, Clearwater Beach, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, Oahu, Maui, St. Thomas, St. John, Bahamas, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands. The most beautiful beach I've ever laid eyes on was Lanikai on the island of Oahu. I feel as if I'm still searching for my "perfect beach."

Every time we go on a beach vacation, I find a special sort of peace that I don't experience anywhere else. When I take a walk on a beautiful beach by myself, it's as close to heaven that I can get. I find myself thinking more and more of the beach and wanting to have a place for ourselves there. I guess you could say I'm having a mid-life crisis of sorts.

Lisa

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
I have absolutley nothing to do at the office today so I will jump into the mix and have some fun with you guys...

-I live in Hendersonville, TN (10 minutes north of Nashville)
-I'm an Account Exec for a retail fixture/display company (my job is incredibly boring and easy. If anyone wants to hire a great looking sales rep for the Nashville area, hit me up!)
-Originally from MA, have lived in AZ, KY and now TN.
-Been on the beach somewhere every year of my life, but Grayton is by far the coolest spot I've ever found and I hope to own a home there some day.
-Summers are spent on the lake boating, swimming and enjoying cold adult beverages with my friends and wonderful girlfriend. Winters are spent in the bar upstairs above the local bowling alley shooting pool and singing karoke, entertaining the natives with my horrible renditions of popular music.
-My favorite singer of all time is Bruce Springsteen. Second place is a tie between Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley. Hell, my cat is named Marley!
-Other hobbies include writing, playing guitar poorly, tennis, softball and I used to race cars.

I could go on forever so Ill stop spilling my words on you.:cool:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
You could also entertain us at the soiree. ;-)

Mike B.

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
The guitar and poor singing will be in my truck! Now if someone could just sneak me a permit to drive my truck on the beach... ;-)