• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006
2 families (total of 9) looking for a house/cottage/condo in smaller complex on the beach--gulf front or gulf view--but very close to the water, easy beach access, no crossing streets. We have kids and haul a lot of stuff to the water. It would also be great to have access to a pool.

I would like to find a clean, nice place without the luxury accomodations. I look at so many pics that have VERY nice places and we really need affordable vs luxury. We are from Arkansas--for peats sake! :rotfl: BUT we do wear shoes and have all of our teeth. :rotfl:

This can be in the Destin, Ft Walton, or 30A area.

We need either a place with atleast 2 bedrooms for the couples and an extra bedroom for kids--we can stick some on the floor. OR we need two smaller seperate places very near to each other.

The dates we are looking at are the last week in June or first week in July.

You can recommend rental sites but I would rather have specifics. I have looked at VRBO and I am simply overwhelmed. :eek: I dont have time to spend hours looking at places that are mostly out of our price range. :bang:

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
look in gulf trace neighborhood, south off of 30a just west of grayton beach there is probably something there.

Chuckster

Beach Comber
Sep 20, 2007
hi Arkiegirl,
If you like bright and fun.....
please check out the "Artistic Beach House" on VBRO.
it's # 167149, located in Grayton Beach. It has a private pool
and I'm sure the kids will love it, too! If you're interested, give Sandie a call. I can even set you up with a bonfire on the beach with snacks!:D
cheers, chuckster

sandjewel

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2007
cincinnati, oh
We may not be right on the beach but we have a golf cart available to help get you and your stuff there. We have kids too and this works out great. They are both in gated communities for additional safety and have bikes in the garages for their use. Here are two houses we offer.

www.vrbo.com/40492 or www.vrbo.com/112852

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
We may not be right on the beach but we have a golf cart available to help get you and your stuff there. We have kids too and this works out great. They are both in gated communities for additional safety and have bikes in the garages for their use. Here are two houses we offer.

The current law in Destin and Walton County states that it is illegal to drive golf carts on streets, sidewalks, or pathways. You are not allowed to park at the beach either. I contacted an owner who lives in Destin and she verified that this information is true. You are only allowed to take "street ready" golf carts on the roads and to the beach. There is a thread on this message board that addresses this issue. Isn't the information you are giving to this person a bit misleading?

Last edited:

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005

Eeek......

You are providing your renters a golf cart to use on the streets. Have you run this by your insurance agent/company or your lawyer. My concern is you are not covered and are open to a major civil suit if something happens.

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
If you want a great place to vacation where it's legal to use a golf cart, go to Bald Head Island off the coast of North Carolina. You take a ferry to the island. The only way to get around is by golf cart or bike. Still, you must be a licensed driver to operate a golf cart.

Last edited:

neice

Beach Lover
Aug 7, 2006
Florala,
I have a place in Seacrest Beach that I manage and Rent it is a 4 bd rm the kids room has two sets of bunks, there is two master bed and baths and a queen size room. It also has a game room with a sofa sleeper upstairs. There is two giant pools close. It is close to the beach with free tram service to take you right to the beach and back. I can give you a outstanding great deal on this. It is as close to home as you can get on vacation. Contact me and we will discuss a price. You will not be disappointed I promise. 334-804-1402 or shilohgirl67@yahoo.com