• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
I am in New Orleans this weekend--I have spent a lot of time there in the past, having set up 2 Macy dept. stores there...I only love hole in the walls and I NEED SPECIFICALLY 2 Holes in the wall:

1. Best authentic, non-touristy, Italian Hole in the Wall. I will cab it!
2. BEST "people observing" bar (prefer straight bar in this instance) near the Quarter, maybe with not too many holes in the wall?

Last edited:

Rebecca

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2008
1. Best hole in the wall old school Italian - Irene's (it's in the
quarter; forget the street).
2. Hmmm. Lafitte's Blacksmith Bar is a good one. Not too rowdy. Good
people watching.

I am in New Orleans this weekend--I have spent a lot of time there in the past, having set up 2 Macy dept. stores there...I only love hole in the walls and I NEED SPECIFICALLY 2 Holes in the wall:

1. Best authentic, non-touristy, Italian Hole in the Wall. I will cab it!
2. BEST "people observing" bar (prefer straight bar in this instance) near the Quarter, maybe with not too many holes in the wall?

PORT OF CALL

http://www.portofcallneworleans.com/crew.html

Best burger and baked potato I have ever had. Good "people observing" bar also.

Rebecca

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2008
Love Port of Call - Tons of Cheddar cheese on everything!
If you have time for the best hole in the wall brunch, try Elizabeth's - It is a best kept secret and all of the locals go there.

http://www.elizabeths-restaurant.com

The Maple Leaf bar is great for live music as well.

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Thanks Rebecca S, Inlet Beach Dweller, Curtis and Kurt...got my "to do" list going on now!

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
1. Maximo's (unless you don't mind a $50 cab ride, in which case it would be Mosca's).

2. Molly's on the Market (FQ) or the Bulldog on Magazine.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
1. Best hole in the wall old school Italian - Irene's (it's in the
quarter; forget the street).
2. Hmmm. Lafitte's Blacksmith Bar is a good one. Not too rowdy. Good
people watching.

Check and check.

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
I spent Mardi Gras 2006 at Molly's on the Market. Had a great time just waiting in line for the bathroom. Just a word of caution (I lived in NOLA for 30 years) be very careful around Esplanade Ave. Port of Call is a fabulous burger place, but I would only go there during the day or with a crowd of people and be careful where you park. Pascal Manale's is one of my fav's off of Canal St.:clap: