• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006
Ok, going to post again. This searching is about to drive me CRAZY :eek:

2 families looking for a vacation rental for June 28-July 5.

We want gulf front or very close to being gulf front.

Our price range is $2000 (+/- a bit). We would like to have access to a pool--be it private or community, but would sacrafice gulf front for the pool.

It can be in the FWB, Destin, or 30-A area--would like for it to be fairly close to Destin. One fam is very familiar with Destin and we have plans to eat at some places there and do some things in Destin.

We are good christian folks with well behaved kids who will take wonderful care of your place.

I am welcoming VRBO # or can you recommend search sites?

Several of you have emailed, PM or posted suggestions--THANK YOU. I have all saved. I just thought I would try to post again b/c now I have more specifics.

I am just COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED :bang: --I wish I could rent the first place I see, but we will be coming from Arkansas so will spend a fortune on gas to get there and will need to make this as affordable as possible. BUT.......one fams kids have never even seen the beach so we want this to be special!!

Please help us!!!! :wave:

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
I couldn't agree more that VRBO is extremely cumbersome. You should be able to search by: location, view, waterfront vs. gulf front vs "gulf side", price, availability, bedrooms, home vs. condo, etc. I don't see why that would be so difficult to set up, and then you could get down to just the few available rentals that fill your needs.

There's a new site, Homeaway.com, that is starting up. It seems to have some money behind it. I'm hoping they add some of those search features. Better for renters and homeowners alike. Right now, though, it doesn't have too many listings.

Last edited:
Our group is 2 families--4 adults and 5 kids--one of those being a little fellow.

There is a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath condo in Cassine Station - Seagrove Beach that we call our "home away from home". Master bdrm has a king bed, 2nd bdrm has a king bed and a twin bunk bed, 3rd bdrm has twin/double bunk bed. I'm sure the "little fellow" will have his own special accomodations!

The condo is brand new -- The owner is renting this condo at reduced rates to build the client list. Summer rates are $1,200/week -- this is a steal for this condo!!! It is right across 30-A from One Seagrove Place (the tallest building in SoWal) - an easy walk to the beach and a community pool across the parking lot.

I think Bonnie (the owner) still has the week you are looking for open on her calendar. Give her a call -- Tell her John LeBoeuf referred you!

http://www.vrbo.com/101158

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
I couldn't agree more that VRBO is extremely cumbersome. You should be able to search by: location, view, waterfront vs. gulf front vs "gulf side", price, availability, bedrooms, home vs. condo, etc. I don't see why that would be so difficult to set up, and then you could get down to just the few available rentals that fill your needs.

There's a new site, Homeaway.com, that is starting up. It seems to have some money behind it. I'm hoping they add some of those search features. Better for renters and homeowners alike. Right now, though, it doesn't have too many listings.

Homeaway has been around for about a year, I think, and actually purchased vrbo.com and several other sites (cyberrentals, A1 rentals to name a couple). So far they are keeping vrbo separate as you still pay a separate fee to be listed on vrbo. If you sign up at Homeaway, you also get listings on 4 of the other sites that Homeaway has purchased.

They also took over the free calendar site that used to be rentors.org, which was also partially owned by vrbo. They have made some changes to the calendar functionality but there has been no indication that any changes to vrbo are forthcoming.

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com

homeaway owns VRBO......:cool: