• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006
Tell me all about Seagrove Beach. We are only familiar with Destin and have not even been down 30-A.

Tell me about the eating places--any "fast food" places near by? Is there a major name grocery store?

The place we are looking at is across 30-a from the gulf--who is that to cross with kids and lots of stuff?

tell me, tell me--sell me on this place

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
In terms of fast food, you won't find McDonalds and the like, but there are a good number of places where you can grab a reasonably quick bite.

There's a Publix in Watercolor for general grocery needs, and some smaller specialty grocers like Modica Market in Seaside and For the Health of It in Blue Mountain Beach.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Tell me all about Seagrove Beach. We are only familiar with Destin and have not even been down 30-A.

Tell me about the eating places--any "fast food" places near by? Is there a major name grocery store?

The place we are looking at is across 30-a from the gulf--who is that to cross with kids and lots of stuff?

tell me, tell me--sell me on this place

We got these huge blue signs to tell you where to go as well as lighted flashy crosswalks to get you across the street.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Actually the flashing crosswalks are only in Dune Allen.

As for Seagrove there is no fast food. However there is Flip-Flops Grill, Cocoon's Deli, Yianni's Seagrove Grill, Amavida, Bruno's Pizza, Pizza by the Sea, Angelina's, and Boardwalk Cafe. All are open for lunch and reasonably priced.

I love Seagrove. It's in the middle of 30-A corridor, so you don't have to drive too far to anything. It's close to Seaside but not as congested (except at the 395/30-A intersection in the summer, but off 30-A it's not congested), doesn't have the limited amount of beachfront properties that Watercolor does (most places in Watercolor are just too far to walk to the beach). I like the beach better than Grayton because you don't have to walk so far to get from the beginning of the sand to the water (that's a hike!). Eastern Lake in Seagrove has a nice outflow for kids to play in (as does Grayton), but it's not congested like Grayton and, again, not as long of a walk to the water.

Crossing 30-A: well, that's something you have to be careful about no matter where you stay in the area. But there are plenty of places south of 30-A, especially in the Eastern Lake Road area of Seaside (my neighborhood). It's all south of 30-A.

Seagrove has a Publix, plus a Tom Thumb if you really want to pick up a few grocery items fast.

Fast food doesn't exist on 30-A, but there is food that is fast. My feeling is that there's too much fast food at home; when I'm on vacation, I want something different.

Breakfast: we usually eat cereal at home, but we also like Amavida Coffee in Seagrove, Modica in Seaside (not too congested at breakfast time), and especially Hibiscus Café in Grayton -- like I said, nothing on 30-A is too far from Seagrove.

Brunch: Love the endless champagne brunch at Fire in Grayton, and like the brunch at Great Southern in Seaside.

Lunch: Seagrove Market Café, Flip-Flops, Bruno's pizza buffet, Cocoon's for sandwiches and prepared salads, etc., Red Bar in Grayton, Wild Olives in Rosemary.

Pizza: Bruno's, Pizza By The Sea, Angelina's, then there's our favorite, Amoré at Gulf Place -- again Seagrove is in the middle geographically so even that isn't too far.

Dinner: Any lunch or pizza place. There's a Goatfeathers in Seagrove for picking up fresh seafood and grilling an easy dinner at home. Then if you want to splurge, in Seagrove we have Café 30-A , plus not far from Bud & Alley's in Seaside or Borago in Grayton.

I prefer Seagrove to any area along 30-A after staying on many occasions all along 30-A while we were building our home.

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
make sure you stay near a public beach access, private beach access could be an issue if you are not gulf front. ask who you will be renting from about that.

make sure you stay near a public beach access, private beach access could be an issue if you are not gulf front. ask who you will be renting from about that.
That's not totally true. We have a private beach access and a beach that anyone renting in our neighborhood can use, regardless of if they are staying beachfront or not.

And beach access should be a question for any area along the Highway 30-A corridor, not just Seagrove.

We stopped staying in Destin because we got tired of staying at high-density condos, having to fight for a lounge chair near the pool, and then having the pool closed 5 days out of 7 because a kid pooped in the pool (this happened the last two times we were in Destin, and we never went back). We decided we wanted to rent a house with a private pool, found one in Seagrove (we had never heard of Seagrove actually), and now we own a home with a private pool there.

Last edited: