• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ilovethesouth

Beach Crab
Feb 28, 2008
We have been going to Destin for over ten years and we really like the condo we?ve been staying at. It?s a mid-rise and the beaches even in the summer the beach is not overly crowded.

We?ve been thinking that we might like a little change, so I?ve been researching Seagrove. I?ve had Dunes of Seagrove recommended to me and I think I would like it. I?ve recently found the Summer?s Edge community and there are a few houses that are really close to the beach that I like. My only concern is that since the beach is shared with the whole community that it might be crowded during the high season. Can you all advise on these things? Thanks in advance.

Little Fish

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I've stayed at the Dunes of Seagrove on several occasions. I found it to be a very nice property. I recommend renting one of the gulf-front units, which are very unique and have balconies that wrap around the unit. Also, there is one unit in particular which is awesome... can't recall the unit number, but it is on the top floor in the western building. The owners really did a good job of decorating. From their balcony, you can look east and west down the beach. Fantastic views.

Little Fish

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I live near Summer's Edge. Those houses use the Ramsgate public access near Eastern Lake. It can be fairly busy there during peak times, but nowhere near as busy as you are probably accustomed to in Destin, or even as busy as at Seaside or near the One Seagrove highrise. Just a short walk to the east past the lake outlet, it is nearly deserted year-round.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
I have friends who own at Summer's Edge so I can vouch for that end of the beach. It's a nice neighborhood all around. The beach is fairly wide so you oughtn't have any trouble about stepping on anyone's toes, even in the height of the season. Plus, I've always noticed that people like to go the lazy route and park themselves as close to the access as possible. If you're willing to walk even 15 feet from the end of the steps, you will have plenty of space to yourself. Most of the population doesn't want to walk any more than totally necessary. :D

jlott7457

Beach Comber
May 31, 2006
Try Great Escape in Seagrove. 5bedrooms/5baths We are just 60 yards to the sand with no roads to cross. There are only 7 rental homes in our gated village . Come see why folks keep coming back year after year to Great Escape in Seagrove.

Thanks, Jana Lott 843-875-6284 or 843-864-6404

Please see our photo albums at
http://flickr.com/photos/jeffandjanapassword = jessie

I live near Summer's Edge. Those houses use the Ramsgate public access near Eastern Lake. It can be fairly busy there during peak times, but nowhere near as busy as you are probably accustomed to in Destin, or even as busy as at Seaside or near the One Seagrove highrise. Just a short walk to the east past the lake outlet, it is nearly deserted year-round.
Ditto. Anywhere off Eastern Lake Road is a great location (including my house).

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
We have been going to Destin for over ten years and we really like the condo we?ve been staying at. It?s a mid-rise and the beaches even in the summer the beach is not overly crowded.

We?ve been thinking that we might like a little change, so I?ve been researching Seagrove. I?ve had Dunes of Seagrove recommended to me and I think I would like it. I?ve recently found the Summer?s Edge community and there are a few houses that are really close to the beach that I like. My only concern is that since the beach is shared with the whole community that it might be crowded during the high season. Can you all advise on these things? Thanks in advance.

We loved dunes of seagrove. We stayed in this unit. http://www.vrbo.com/54310. The interior was great, pool was great and location was superb. Not too crowded during first week in august for us. They do have beach set ups on site. There are units w/ better views, I think they are the three bedrooms. Have fun on your trip!