• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
Sorry- it's killing me and I am not proud that I can't not post this: m = thousand and mm = million (thousand thousand) and mmm = billion. I'd have used K also

no worries was about to post it for u...ex-banker habits die hard

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Its a great time to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

_42855263_wep-eyewire203.jpg

That's TWO DAYS Skippy!! In this market you've gotta step it up a bit!!

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Sorry children, but in the financial markets (where I've made my living for 33 years) m = thousands, I have seen K used but mostly in the popular press and the comic strips ,not the financial press.
Obliously you all read read more of the latter than the former.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Sorry children, but in the financial markets (where I've made my living for 33 years) m = thousands, I have seen K used but mostly in the popular press and the comic strips ,not the financial press.
Obliously you all read read more of the latter than the former.
Obliously. Well typos happen.
I would like to retract my earlier post in this thread so as not to be associated with Buckhead Rick.
Edited in the interest of thread peace. It remains unedited to my great shame quoted in post #25

Last edited:

Little Fish

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA
elgordoboy:

Personally, I found Buckhead Rick's response appropriate given the drubbing he received from others on this board who don't understand basic financial terms... I'm surprised you don't agree.

Little Fish

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave:...lighten up! Think about all the money (M's or K's) I could have made on my condo. :D

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I bit pompous response from BR, I thought......he/she didn't take the ribbing well and then had to be insulting....go back to Atlanta!

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
elgordoboy:

Personally, I found Buckhead Rick's response appropriate given the drubbing he received from others on this board who don't understand basic financial terms... I'm surprised you don't agree.

Little Fish

I agree