• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
If only I had known. I did a backpacking trip through italy recently and got some great images...a gallery owner asked me to give her 5 of the prints for a show, but they had to look clean at 11x14 or larger...so no go due to the artifacts. Thanks Kurt, I learned something today. :clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
katie blue said:
If only I had known. I did a backpacking trip through italy recently and got some great images...a gallery owner asked me to give her 5 of the prints for a show, but they had to look clean at 11x14 or larger...so no go due to the artifacts. Thanks Kurt, I learned something today. :clap_1:

Try upsizing in Photoshop in 10% increments (110% in the resize dialog) multiple times using the bicubic smoother method until you get the desired size. Then sharpen as needed using smart sharpen (or unsharp mask).

While not optimal, you can get good results with a quality printer in the 150-200 dpi range instead of the normally desired 240-300 range. This keeps you from having to upsize as much.