• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Mermaid said:
Naw. I'd wonder about the clientele we'd attract. Meow! :D

Psssssss

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Mermaid:

Thanks. I've seen Shutters' website and it is indeed great. I'll look for Gotothebeachmom's site as well. There are some wonderful examples of websites, even on links from VRBO. I may have some time this fall/winter to focus on it. I should make it a priority. I think organizing it is the hardest part -- the front page, what should be on it. But, I think just getting it up and running would be the best first step.

I think that strange looking cat should be someone's tour guide on their website...

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Paula said:
Mermaid:

Thanks. I've seen Shutters' website and it is indeed great. I'll look for Gotothebeachmom's site as well. There are some wonderful examples of websites, even on links from VRBO. I may have some time this fall/winter to focus on it. I should make it a priority. I think organizing it is the hardest part -- the front page, what should be on it. But, I think just getting it up and running would be the best first step.

I think that strange looking cat should be someone's tour guide on their website...

Now you're talking!!! Meeeoooooow!!! Mermaid could dress Miss Kitty up like a mermaid and let her be the CATch!!!

Paula said:
I think organizing it is the hardest part -- the front page, what should be on it. But, I think just getting it up and running would be the best first step.

You're right Paula, sometimes just getting started IS the hardest part. Having a planned structure and flow is super important, but nothing that can't be done on a cocktail napkin on the beach at sunset. Doing it yourself can be very rewarding both by increased rentals AND the knowledge of using html. And once you know how to build one web site you'll find many other ways to advertise and communitcate with people. I say Go FOR IT, and get started now.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Paula said:
Mermaid:

We did ours in the dead of winter. We really wanted to be here instead of home so that somehow made it easier.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Love the avatar Shutters! Pretty color!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Shutters said:
Thanks Ms. Kitty.
I have almost as many pics. of Shutters as SJ has of frogs. ....... almost.

I can understand why....it looks beautiful! (unlike TOADS)

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
In addition to our rental mgt company, we advertise on 3 self rental sites (VRBO, findvacationrentals and vacationrentals), and we have a VT done by Kurt and are advertised on the Moon Creek sites.

We got inquiries from all 3 self sites but the most are from www.vacationrentals.com. When people inquire and are serious and I send them the link to the VT, they have rented our place.

:cool: