• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Enzo's?...the same place that can not get their spelling correct on any of their advertisements? i.e. Valentines Blast/Post... Oh...and when they, supposedly, buy from SAM's Club or the like... that is supposed to up the wow factor?!?! And not just dry goods but "food"?! No Thanks!!! I will go with most of the other places rec'd here!!

Where are you getting the Sam's club info? Looks like the same sysco truck that frequents many if not all of our restaurants.

Borago? Why change perfection? :dunno:
I'll have to say that even though we love Borago, we eat there so much (once or twice a month) that it would be nice for a little change, like maybe a chef's special on the weekend menu for something different. Or maybe I could try the a couple of items on the menu I haven't had. When I was there a few weeks ago, the couple next to me ordered the pork and told me it's so wonderful that that's all they ever order when the go there.

BeachDreamin'

Beach Crab
Mar 5, 2008
Try FIRE. We ate there twice last week when we were vacationing in the area. Delicious food, good wine menu and great service. FIRE is one block north of 30A on Route 283 in Grayton.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Fish Out of Water, Basmati's and FIRE!

Vintij in Sandestin (across from factory stores) is also a personal favorite.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I recommend Vintij, also - it is a wonderful, cozy atmosphere inside, the food is imaginative and tasty (and plentiful - I get a little tired of getting a dab of this and a dab of that at some places), they have sushi (which is excellent) on Friday and Saturday, the wait staff is excellent, and (of course) the wine choices are magnificent.

At least drop by there for wine and appetizers - I bet you stay for dinner.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Is Borago really "fine dining'? I guess I need to know how the original poster defines that as, IMO, there aren't many fine dining establishments around.

My definition is: you have to "dress" for dinner (you would never think to wear flip flops, shorts, t-shirts or jeans); the menu is innovative and changes often, and includes a daily Chef's special or special Chef's menu - prices are on the high end because the Chef, who is highly trained, uses the best available ingredients - it's the kind of things you wouldn't know where to buy to cook the dish at home; the wine list is more high end overall; real linens are used on the tables; and the atmosphere is calm.

The few places locally that fit my definition that I can think at this moment are Fish Out of Water, Cafe Provence, Basmati's and Cafe Thirty-A (although Thirty-A is a bit noisy). If I think of any others, I'll post - suffering from end-of-the-day brain freeze.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Definitely depends on your perspective. For some fine dining probably means there isn't a drive-thru!

To me, fine dining means a restaurant with no small children or TVs, uniformed and professional staff, great food skillfully prepared, great service, and real furniture.

Vintij and Fire have some of the best food, presentation, and service around, but I wear jeans and there isn't a tablecloth.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't think any of the restaurants on 30A have dress codes. That I am aware of anyway. I have eaten at Fish out of Water dressed in business attire and I've eaten there in jeans and flip flops. :dunno: