• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I thought this deserved a thread of its own. Check out the preliminary master plan for Helen McCall park. This will be done in phases, with the soccer/football fields and the playpark being first up. We'll need to give the county and Cindy Meadows a lot of support to help get everything completed.

Keep in mind that some additional recreational facilities will be in the 7 acres of land near the high school - I think tennis and the pool. Fitting everything in at Helen McCall is not as easy as it might appear at first glance, and I think the consultants did a great job. Please tell us what you think!

Note to Bobby J. and the skatepark crew - you might want to take a look at this!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks SGB- it does need it's own thread!

The master plan is beautiful and includes so much more than we thought possible.:clap:

(let's get to work on the pool:wave:)

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
I love it!!!:clap::clap::clap: Thanks SGB for posting it!

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Thanks SGB and Supermom! You both are the greatest! (You, too, JDarg!) :love::love::love:

It's great to see something that began as a thread last winter become a reality. You all took the ball and ran like h*** with it.

It looks beautiful.

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
Thanks SGB and Supermom! You both are the greatest! (You, too, JDarg!) :love::love::love:

It's great to see something that began as a thread last winter become a reality. You all took the ball and ran like h*** with it.

And worked together as you passed and dribbled past a couple of defenders, then hit a shot from 40 yards out that curled past the diving, outstretched hand of the keeper, and into the top corner of the goal.

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!

(Couldn't resist. See You Out On The Pitch!)

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
It was interesting to watch the process of creating the master plan. I think the thread about skateparks heavily influenced the consultants that created the master plan. They found that thread on their own when they were doing research about the area and they were the first to bring up including a skatepark. Although there was only one or two people that came to the meetings about the masterplan that were very pro-skatepark, the consultant kept that skatepark in the plan because he believed it was needed here. Ahh, the power of the board! A skatepark and a playpark - both started right here!

Note that although there are lots of great things in the plan, the county does not have the money to do it all, especially now that they aren't getting much in the way of fees from new developments. Too bad the county doesn't have the money to buy up all the other adjacent 10 acre parcels that are now for sale....

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
beautiful...i love it!...No community pool? Not complaining... but is that in the works?

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
beautiful...i love it!...No community pool? Not complaining... but is that in the works?

Pool is planned for the 7 acres we have near the high school. We could then have a swim team. No money for it though.