• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What's the best vehicle for beach fun?

• Total voters

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
aw, man! not fair!

the poll now at 49% to those who say:

"Anything with 4WD cause I'm not carring my stuff through all that sand! "

first of all - you don't need all that STUFF (go STUFF your STUFF!)

secondly - 'all that sand' is what you should be there for in the first place

thirdly - I guess if you'd put up a seawall you'd have no problem with vehicles on the beach

I made oodles of money 20 years ago pulling idiots out in the sand lot next to Destin bridge (before it was closed off to all but foot traffic), but that wasn't the actual BEACH for crying out loud! We never went on the 'beach' beach!

Walton County obviously just dosen't care about their beaches if they still let vehicles on them, and where do you get the @#$%^ to complain about coastal drilling for oil when you drive a potential gusher onto the beach!

So I, and probably others, will just be going somewhere else where they don't allow vehicles.

I hope you all get stuck axle-deep.

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
jdarg said:
Oldtimer- your beach buggy is too great! We stayed a few houses down from y'all this past summer, and it was all I could do to not thumb a ride. Not that the walk was too long- it just looked like such great fun!

Just put your thumb out next summer. We are always picking up folks. We love our buggy, but it ain't no fancy transport!!!! :lolabove:

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
Smiling JOe said:
Franny, Patterson owns only one of the two which I mentioned. PM her and you can find out for sure. I think she said the yellow colored Scout was priced around $1500. It was running when she parked it, but they have not ran it for a year or so. Patterson can correct me if I am wrong. I think this one has a rag top, but not sure if she has the hard top too. I meant to take a photo of it, but I have not been down that way lately. I like the old Scouts, and would be highly interested if I needed another vehicle.:love:

The red Land Cruiser is owned by another guy who lives not too far away from you. Go down Summer Breeze (east) and his house is about the 3rd house on the left. His first name is Blake (I think). I am uncertain of the asking price, or whether he still has it for sale. I have also seen him park in on 30-A, in the front yard of the big brick home on Big Redfish Lake.

Just send Patterson a PM and I'm sure she'll reply when she's back in Walton County early next week. The Scout is a good beach vehicle and she wants to sell it. (my husband and I have an investment, very small, in the Scout) It is a work horse and perfect for Grayton! PM her now......

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Oldtimer said:
Just put your thumb out next summer. We are always picking up folks. We love our buggy, but it ain't no fancy transport!!!! :lolabove:

It is Grayton's closest thing to mass transit!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
It is Grayton's closest thing to mass transit!

LOVE IT!!! Carpooling has hit SoWal!

Wildernester

Beach Lover
Apr 29, 2005
Chatta/Grayton
aquaticbiology said:
aw, man! not fair!

the poll now at 49% to those who say:

"Anything with 4WD cause I'm not carring my stuff through all that sand! "

first of all - you don't need all that STUFF (go STUFF your STUFF!)

secondly - 'all that sand' is what you should be there for in the first place

thirdly - I guess if you'd put up a seawall you'd have no problem with vehicles on the beach

I made oodles of money 20 years ago pulling idiots out in the sand lot next to Destin bridge (before it was closed off to all but foot traffic), but that wasn't the actual BEACH for crying out loud! We never went on the 'beach' beach!

Walton County obviously just dosen't care about their beaches if they still let vehicles on them, and where do you get the @#$%^ to complain about coastal drilling for oil when you drive a potential gusher onto the beach!

So I, and probably others, will just be going somewhere else where they don't allow vehicles.

I hope you all get stuck axle-deep.

As some on this board know, I share your sentiments and probably feel even more strongly about anyone, other than emergency personnel, driving on Grayton Beach. What is it about Grayton Beach that Walton County does not like? From Memorial Day through Labor Day, it seems as if every property owner in Walton County feels an obligation to drive on "our beach."

If the county is going to permit beach driving, why concentrate it all in one small strip at Grayton Beach? Let the people from Watercolor, Seaside, Watersound, Rosemary (Paxton, DFS, Freeport, etc.) drive on those beaches. Of course, the logical solution is to prohibit all casual driving on the beaches in Walton County. (Have you noticed how the driving area at Grayton has expanded into the State Park?)

Inserting that smilie with the head beating against the wall might be appropriate here.

Wildernester said:
As some on this board know, I share your sentiments and probably feel even more strongly about anyone, other than emergency personnel, driving on Grayton Beach. What is it about Grayton Beach that Walton County does not like? From Memorial Day through Labor Day, it seems as if every property owner in Walton County feels an obligation to drive on "our beach."

If the county is going to permit beach driving, why concentrate it all in one small strip at Grayton Beach? Let the people from Watercolor, Seaside, Watersound, Rosemary (Paxton, DFS, Freeport, etc.) drive on those beaches. Of course, the logical solution is to prohibit all casual driving on the beaches in Walton County. (Have you noticed how the driving area at Grayton has expanded into the State Park?)

Inserting that smilie with the head beating against the wall might be appropriate here :bang: .

While I don't agree with you thought I'd help ya out :D