• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Actually I was comparing the Watercolor signs with the TDC signs and with the exception of the goofy arrow (and that's just me nitpicking) they do a good job - easy to see, good colors, easy to understand, at an appropriate height, not jarring. :clap:

The lights that look like an industrial trash can hit w/ a shotgun blast are another story..............;-)

MattChrist Live

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2008
The Bay
Matt Christ Live-3/9/08-Lynn Nesmith
Matthew Christ Live, Sundays, 11-noon on 30A Radio, 107.1 WTHA LPFM and streaming worldwide online at www.30aradio.org

Tune in to the 3/9/08 show, for:

Lynn Nesmith on Big Blue Monsters, Scenic Pride Initiative, SoWal, 30A, her freelance career, her book, and her take on local and pertinent issues.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Matt Christ Live-3/9/08-Lynn Nesmith
Matthew Christ Live, Sundays, 11-noon on 30A Radio, 107.1 WTHA LPFM and streaming worldwide online at www.30aradio.org

Tune in to the 3/9/08 show, for:

Lynn Nesmith on Big Blue Monsters, Scenic Pride Initiative, SoWal, 30A, her freelance career, her book, and her take on local and pertinent issues.

Will there be a podcast of this?

MattChrist Live

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2008
The Bay
No, the show will be recorded though. I'll see what I can do with that recording to make it into a podcast. I'm pretty sure there is a way to put it on ITunes, but I'll have to talk to 30A Radio management about that.

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Ok, I have hand written polite letters to the BCC asking for the giant, blue, metal wayfinding signs be taken down. I have my T-shirt and have asked off from work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so I can drive down to be at the TDC workshop March 26th, at 5:30 p.m. at the Coastal Branch Library in the Government Center in South Walton. Just curious who it is that calls a workshop to be in the middle of the week and not a Friday for those of us who work/live 8 hours away? Not to mention other family members who can't take off that much time and will now have to drive another car down and pay for more $3+ gallon gas so we can enjoy the weekend at the beech. Don't missunderstand, I'm not complaining because I know this is a worthy cause. Eventhough I do mind the inconvenience and expense, I think its important to show the TDC that citizens care about the community of south Walton, whether we live there or not. However, if we want to strive for better turn out at any more workshops in the future, we should strive to have them on Fridays instead of Wednesdays.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Ok, I have hand written polite letters to the BCC asking for the giant, blue, metal wayfinding signs be taken down. I have my T-shirt and have asked off from work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so I can drive down to be at the TDC workshop March 26th, at 5:30 p.m.

Who in the world would want to go to a workshop on a Friday afternoon or evening? Remember there are a lot of us who live down here and while I certainly understand the Wednesday thing, doing it on a Friday is something that I have never seen, nor do I believe will ever happen. Most government workers I know are off on Friday afternoons.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
In response to my emails, I got a message from Sara Comander, simply saying:

The TDC meeting will be March 26th at 5:30 pm at the Library.

Sara Comander

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
Ok, I have hand written polite letters to the BCC asking for the giant, blue, metal wayfinding signs be taken down. I have my T-shirt and have asked off from work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so I can drive down to be at the TDC workshop March 26th, at 5:30 p.m. at the Coastal Branch Library in the Government Center in South Walton. Just curious who it is that calls a workshop to be in the middle of the week and not a Friday for those of us who work/live 8 hours away? Not to mention other family members who can't take off that much time and will now have to drive another car down and pay for more $3+ gallon gas so we can enjoy the weekend at the beech. Don't missunderstand, I'm not complaining because I know this is a worthy cause. Eventhough I do mind the inconvenience and expense, I think its important to show the TDC that citizens care about the community of south Walton, whether we live there or not.
YAY, YOU! :clap: Maybe you should be elected to something... wanna be a sheriff?;-) thanks for your effort!

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Who in the world would want to go to a workshop on a Friday afternoon or evening? Remember there are a lot of us who live down here and while I certainly understand the Wednesday thing, doing it on a Friday is something that I have never seen, nor do I believe will ever happen. Most government workers I know are off on Friday afternoons.
Being a government worker myself, I see your point. After 3 o'clock on Fridays, there's hardly a car in the parking lot around here. I suppose SoWal is no different. Gee, I must say, it did feel good to gripe about it. Nonetheless, I understand. Great, I'll see you Wednesday afternoon then.

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Ok, I have hand written polite letters to the BCC asking for the giant, blue, metal wayfinding signs be taken down. I have my T-shirt and have asked off from work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so I can drive down to be at the TDC workshop March 26th, at 5:30 p.m. at the Coastal Branch Library in the Government Center in South Walton. Just curious who it is that calls a workshop to be in the middle of the week and not a Friday for those of us who work/live 8 hours away? Not to mention other family members who can't take off that much time and will now have to drive another car down and pay for more $3+ gallon gas so we can enjoy the weekend at the beech. Don't missunderstand, I'm not complaining because I know this is a worthy cause. Eventhough I do mind the inconvenience and expense, I think its important to show the TDC that citizens care about the community of south Walton, whether we live there or not.
YAY, YOU! :clap: Maybe you should be elected to something... wanna be a sheriff?;-) thanks for your effort!
Aw shucks Ma'am. Twernt nothin.