• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Yippie, I am so sorry to hear this.:sosad:

A friend of mine had a mold problem at a home he owns in Seacrest. He had to tear out all of the sheetrock in the house. He is blessed enough that he was able to afford it. Apparently his insurance paid for some of it.

I tore down 18 walls, subflooring , replaced the HVAC system and tore out ceilings. Tore outer walls, to the tune of over $300,000.00. There was mold everywhere. I could afford it at the time, but my insurance isn't paying any of it and the builder still will not step up to the plate. That is all it would have taken.

It all came back, the mold. You can't get rid of it.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Yep, ATTORNEY is the first word that comes to mind. Good luck Yippie

Yep, I got one of those and she is a trooper. I owe her a bundle, but she is not pulling off the case.

Just the legal system is broke here.

We have got to find a way to stop the developers from controlling this area.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Yippie, I remember some of your posts on this issue in the past. It's amazing things have gone this far without any relief for you. Have you thought of taking this to the ombudsman style TV news segments? I notice you haven't mentioned your builder's name. Are you legally unable to do so? Anyone who reads this should know who to run from.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
No, I am not legally bound to mention his name, but I will PM the name to anyone who ask.

Last time I mentioned his name, I got into a spat, for not a better word, with people who know him.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
RE: your obvious crappy builder's, friends. De nile(denial), ain't just a river, in EGYPT!:pissed::pissed::pissed: This gives new meaning to the phrase, system sucks!:bang: If you get an inspection, you have leverage! His days, have to be numbered!:wave: My prayers are with you, Yippie! Hey everyone, let's all get Yippie to send his name to us and spread the word!:clap:Please send mine, Yippie!
No, I am not legally bound to mention his name, but I will PM the name to anyone who ask.

Last time I mentioned his name, I got into a spat, for not a better word, with people who know him.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007

30A is a small town, literally and virtually. PM is the best method to handle this type of thing-that is one lesson I learned here. Hope the "M" problems gets resolved for you--I have been there with a rental unit I had in ATL--Hazmet suits, clorox and all!

Status
Not open for further replies.