• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

3suns

Beach Comber
Mar 8, 2008
FLA USA
Please comment on builders that you would recommend. I would love to hear about your personal experiences with builders! feel free to PM me.

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
We were very happy with our builder in Watercolor - Chris Clark Construction.

3suns

Beach Comber
Mar 8, 2008
FLA USA
No, I am not just posting surveys (as this is a reply). I am trying to find out as much about the area as possible, so when I move there my transition will be as easy as possible. I hope my quest for knowledge doesn't offend you.:dunno:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I'm very happy with my builder, but I'd better be. I'm married to him.:lol:
What type of home do you want to build?

3suns

Beach Comber
Mar 8, 2008
FLA USA
Yippie- I feel for you. After reading your posts I feel that I really need to investigate these builders and read the stories so I can make the best decision possible.
MissCritter- I am favoring the "florida cottage" style 2 or 3 stories with unattached garage. Want front porches and screened pool. You're a lucky girl, did you build your dream home?

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
We built a great home in Sandestin that I loved (we're on their approved builders list,btw), but I've found my definition of "dream home" changes over time. My dream home would probably be a compilation of features from each of my previous homes. My husband says I'm the worst customer he's ever had. :roll:

I found this thread:

Check out Burwell and Associates for architectural designs... www.burwellassociates.com Under "work" on the website, there is a house on Mystic Cobalt in WaterColor, which was on the Parade of Homes a few years ago. Excellent design, absolutely no wasted space. The builder was Boyd Martin of Martin Properties of NW FL, Inc. Meticulous craftmanship as you will see. He does not have a website, but could be reached at martinpropinc@mchsi.com or 850-585-8282.

We personally know Boyd and Daphne Martin, and they are great people. He and his wife are natives of that area and he builds a quality product.

Depending on where you plan to build, you may be limited to whom you can choose. Many developments have a list of approved builders to choose from.

Good luck with your new home! :welcome:

goin' coastal

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
I think builders are like realtors in the area---there are so many good ones it is a difficult choice. The coastal style homes are so beautiful. I always spend more time looking at homes than on the beach. Wish we had homes like these in our area.

We built in 2001 in Old Seagrove with Arbor Homes--Rod and Michelle Joly. We love that house and them. Michelle was so patient. But do not think they are building now. Mike Gregg is a wonderful builder also.

There are really so many good buys on the market. It is almost cheaper to buy than build, but you may have your dream lot already.

Here is a link to our houses www.goincoastalbeachrentals.com
;-) Both are for sale too.

Good luck