• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Re: Accident

Just passed the accident myself about 1 hour ago - looked like a convertible BMW/Mercedes hit a car and got hit in back by a black mini SUV (little Honda or something??) kind of looking car. There were ambulances on the scene and it looked like they were taking someone out of the SUV.

beachkitty

Beach Comber
Jan 24, 2008
Re: Accident

Yesterday around 5pm or so, I saw an SUV almost hit a bicyclist in the crosswalk when he turned right in front of the crossing bicycler. Maybe it's time for a traffic light there?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Since that SUV should have had to stop for the stop sign anyway, a red light wouldn't have made a difference.

I think the accident was at the other end of 395, where it intersects w/ 98 and there is already a stoplight there. :dunno:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I think the accident was at the other end of 395, where it intersects w/ 98 and there is already a stoplight there. :dunno:

Yes...and even though one can put a crick in their neck looking at the light when exiting north 395, it works well when people obey it. Accidents much less frequently than before.

Sorry, I'm at home today and my source of info is working in NoWal, so I can't get details. I just hope whoever it is will be OK.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Remember when there were deputies sitting the with their lights on 24 hours a day?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Not sure if this is related, but here's some photos and a video of someone being loaded into the helicopter at the Fire Station on 395.

Mar20_0001.jpg

Mar20_0002.jpg

Mar20_0003.jpg

YouTube - Helicopter taking off

Last edited: