• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For all you daily coffee drinkers who brew your own at home, what is your favorite brand and roast of coffee? What do you like about it? With coffee prices being so high, do you forgo your favorite and buy another brand to because it is cheaper?

My favorite is Starbucks whole bean, and I like the darker roasts, like Espresso, Caffe Verona, and Africa Kitamu, and will buy the even darker roasts, like Sumatra and French on occasion to mix it up a bit. Being a fan of Newman's Own philosophy and products, I decided to leave the Starbucks box to venture out, last week. I grabbed a bag of Newman's Own Organic French Roast whole bean coffee. It's okay, but it doesn't have that nice acidic bight of the similar roast that Starbucks has. It is giving me my fix for caffeine, but I probably won't buy it again.

This wasn't the first time I ventured away from my favorite brand. The last time I ventured off the norm, I ended up making soap out of the unused coffee, because my morning cup is just too special to not enjoy. Just curious to read which brand and roast you enjoy the most. :wave:

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Love love LOVE Starbucks as well. We don't buy it, though, for home unless it's on sale - I refuse to pay the $9+ dollars Publix charges - so I just go to Starbucks for my fix.

At home, we brew Paul Newman's Special Blend. It's made by Green Mountain Roasters - a certified "green" company. It's really a wonderful product.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I love my morning coffee but I'm not a fancy coffee drinker. I use flavored creamers and that covers up the taste anyway. I prefer a smooth, mild blend. I usually buy
sm_chock_heavenly13oz.jpg

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
I've been grinding, brewing and drinking Eight O' Clock Columbian for several years now, it's as much as I can justify spending on coffee on a regular basis now. For everyday brew it's pretty good. I used to spend much more before the kids, and felt much like Jimmy from Pulp Fiction...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Love love LOVE Starbucks as well. We don't buy it, though, for home unless it's on sale - I refuse to pay the $9+ dollars Publix charges - so I just go to Starbucks for my fix.

At home, we brew Paul Newman's Special Blend. It's made by Green Mountain Roasters - a certified "green" company. It's really a wonderful product.

You are confusing me. :funn: You won't pay $9 for a bag of beens which will brew around 30-45 mugs of coffee, but you will pay retail price $3-5 +tip for a single cup at a Starbuck's store? :dunno: Am I reading that correctly?

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
You are confusing me. :funn: You won't pay $9 for a bag of beens which will brew around 30-45 mugs of coffee, but you will pay retail price $3-5 +tip for a single cup at a Starbuck's store? :dunno: Am I reading that correctly?

Cute, SJ ... ;-) No, you aren't reading it correctly as I'm not a daily Starbucks junkie (thankfully).

Unfortunately, my physiological tolerance for java has decreased as I've aged so my jaunts to Starbucks for my beloved Americanos are very few and far between now. BUT, when I do go, my beverage only costs me $2. plus change.