• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
Hi.

You can buy my lot and build your dream house in Cypress Dunes w/ 10' foot ceilings downstairs, 9' foot upstairs.
High Impact windows, those big tall doors. w/ a Southern Living/ Cottage Living builder for about a third YES (around I am guessing 125$ a foot w/ frills- the shell without floor/kitchen & bathrooms and lighting is around 70$-80 foot) )
of the cost of building w/ JOhn WIllis Homes.

Why can you do this? Because my lot has NO ENFORCEABLE buildout, and can be built on by anyone. because of many many mistakes by the closing company. comfirmed by about 4 FLorida real estate lawyers. (yes, it can receive full new title insurance no problem)

Now. with the lovely home designs offered in beautiful Cypress Dunes, I think
you can have an awesome house in a beautiful neightborhood on the Cypress Pond, or you could build to sell and undercut everyone! Your choice. Or you could hold onto this lot for a long long time.

Interest rates are low. Here's a chance for a gorgeous house, just as you want it.

I paid a lot for this lot. At this point I am not expecting to recoup, but no games. You make me an offer. It can be verbal to start. Obviously, I'd like to a) get out of my loan and b) get as much of my loss back.

Last edited:

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
no, of course, not. no one would be, and of course, i want to use that pool & club!

mine are paid up to date as well as the property taxes.

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
Csamps, you're guessing you can build a comparable Willis house for a third of what Willis costs? Sounds reasonable to me........right???

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
Csamps, I just had an idea, you could build the house on your lot for 1/3 and sell it for 3/3, just think of the money you'd make, plus getting your money back on your lot! You would triple your money, this is a tremendous business opportunity that you should exploit.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
no kidding. your sarcasm is unnecessary. do you think houses of that quality cost 350$ a sq foot to build in Atlanta and elsewhere. NO>

Maybe you should hold off your comments unless you are better educated on what I'm talking about. The builder's work is in well read/ published magazines.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Everyone thinks they can build things much cheaper, but few succeed because the reality is that if you COULD actually build for those prices, local contractors would be doing so and making $$$.

Good luck building a finished house in Cypress Dunes for $125 that conforms to local building codes and has comparable finishes. I think you can definitely do better than $350, but if you truly believe you can do $125, you are the one who hasn't done your homework. Building in Atlanta and building in Sowal are very different processes. Your builder (please say they have more qualifications than just being published in a regional magazine) will change their tune (and price) quickly when they start pricing rated doors & windows, stainless steel fasteners, hurricane straps, local materials etc.

It would be great if you could achieve it, but I've got $20 that says you can't! Challenge! :D

Last edited:

Rambunkscious

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2007
csamps, you can come close to what you are talking about for maybe $250, thats not exotic but upgraded finishes. Also, I thought you were talking about building in Cypress Dunes and not Atlanta.

Really, good luck to you, I was trying to help you, I'm a builder in the area and react when some people use numbers that are off wildly.

Building costs have come down, tho smart money still buys an existing "deal" rather than build. The $250 plus the lot might not compute in today's market unless you already have a lot that you bought pre-boom.

You are not alone in your situation. Building lots are keepers for awhile.