• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
The markings on the shell symbolize the Birth, Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ. On top of the shell, an outline of the Easter Lily is clearly seen. At the center of the Lily a five pointed Star representing the Guiding Star of Bethlehem that led the Wise Men. The five narrow openings are representative of the four nail holes and the spear wound made in the body of Christ during the Crucifixion.

Reversing the shell you will easily recognize the outline of the Poinsettia, the Christmas flower, and also the Bell. When broken, inside the shell are five little birds called the Doves of Peace. Some say they are the Angels that sang to the Shepherds the First Christmas Morning.

sandollarlegend.jpg

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Hey Lightworker, that's cool. I don't suppose you know the "History" (so to speak) of the beautiful Dogwood tree and their blooms??? Today would be a good day for that one too...

I have that CRS disease and I know there are stories behind things, I just forget the details... :bang:

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Hey Lightworker, that's cool. I don't suppose you know the "History" (so to speak) of the beautiful Dogwood tree and their blooms??? Today would be a good day for that one too...

I have that CRS disease and I know there are stories behind things, I just forget the details... :bang:

The Story Of The Dogwood Tree

Long ago during the days that Jesus was here on earth in the form of man there were many dogwood trees. The dogwood was comparable in size to the oak tree and other monarchs of the forest. Because of its firmness and strength it was selected as the timber for the cross, but to be put to such a cruel use greatly distressed the tree.

Sensing this, the crucified Jesus in his gentle pity for the sorrow and suffering of all said to it: "Because of your sorrow and pity for My sufferings, never again will the dogwood tree grow large enough to be used as a cross. Henceforth it will be slender, bent and twisted and its blossoms will be in the form of a cross two long and two short petals.

In the center of the outer edge of each petal there will be nail prints brown with rust and stained with red and in the center of the flower will be a crown of thorns, and all who see this will remember."

Author Unknown