• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
News Flash: The "Orange" Southwest Airlines has just grounded 411 of their planes due to mechanical problems. Maybe we don't want them coming here afterall.:pissed: I think we could suggest they change their name to "The Airline" and serve oranges instead of peanuts.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
News Flash: The "Orange" Southwest Airlines has just grounded 41 of their planes due to mechanical problems. Maybe we don't want them coming here afterall.:pissed: I think we could suggest they change their name to "The Airline" and serve oranges instead of peanuts.

I'll show you how to edit at our next sowal training session. :wave:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
THE BEACH was promoted on Page 1 of Panama City News Herald on Sunday. Lots of pictures with hot chicks in bikinis. (makes it worth a quick look) Headline "Group's marketing 'Vision' promotes 'a way of life'. Story by Ed Offley, News Herald Writer, 747-5079 and eoffley@pcnh.com Very one sided. At least in the Walton Sun, Joyce got some public comment and balance in her story. This reporter should be ashamed to put his name on that story. Right off THE BEACH's talking points and press release. The PC paper also has a Squall Line similar to NWFL Spout Off. The News Herald has resisted putting in contrary opinions thus far. Maybe someone else will have more success in getting the public's message out with a letter or comment on Squall Line. Always interesting to see what and how our different papers cover a story. Try to read both daily papers. Often, it is what they leave out that is most interesting. I'd post link, but not that talented, yet. Thanks for earlier edit swgb. Typos do happen.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I visited "the beach" yesterday. It was located at 10,780 feet and was covered with snow. Still sunburnt my nose though!

This vague marketing plan gets stupider by the minute. :roll:

justininhifi

Beach Comber
Jan 30, 2008
PDL, Florida
There is a lot of talk about THE Beach for sure and I can have my own opinions about it (and have briefly shared some of them) but that does not mean they are the opinions of my employer or VIE Magazine. The magazine is a vehicle to communicate all the great things about living here and celebrating people that make up the fabric of this great place. Sure, there will be controversy and different opinions about all sorts of things that go on in our area…..the role of VIE is to have people share their opinions and act as a forum for people to express themselves but the fundamental and foundational principle of the magazine is to spread GOOD NEWS and be positive. Life is too short to waste on any sort of negativity. Let’s all go to the beach………

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
I attended the FPRA luncheon last week on "The Beach" campaign (and I'm not a member - it was open to the public). The main thing that struck me is how few people were there. Jeanne Dailey, one of the stewards of Coastal Vision 3000, gave a very thorough presentation, outlining the history of the campaign from day one until now. This was a great opportunity for those who oppose - or support - the campaign to find out the who, what, where, when and, most importantly, why. With all the b&^%$** and moaning going on about it, I thought for sure it would be a standing room only crowd. For those of you that oppose it, I would be totally interested to know why? Anyone?

Before I heard Ms. Dailey speak, I didn't have an opinion. After, I totally support the campaign as it's so much more than a campaign with an orange logo. But you would have had to be in attendance to find that out. I will be blogging about it in the next week or so for anyone that REALLY wants to know what it's all about.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think that few people attended because they were specifically told on Sowal that it was NOT the proper forum to voice complaints or show opposition. :dunno:

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
I attended the FPRA luncheon last week on "The Beach" campaign (and I'm not a member - it was open to the public). The main thing that struck me is how few people were there. Jeanne Dailey, one of the stewards of Coastal Vision 3000, gave a very thorough presentation, outlining the history of the campaign from day one until now. This was a great opportunity for those who oppose - or support - the campaign to find out the who, what, where, when and, most importantly, why. With all the b&^%$** and moaning going on about it, I thought for sure it would be a standing room only crowd. For those of you that oppose it, I would be totally interested to know why? Anyone?

Before I heard Ms. Dailey speak, I didn't have an opinion. After, I totally support the campaign as it's so much more than a campaign with an orange logo. But you would have had to be in attendance to find that out. I will be blogging about it in the next week or so for anyone that REALLY wants to know what it's all about.

You just don't get it do you? Why would you think people would attend an event for a doomed and idiotic marketing campaign like "The tm Beach". Unless they want to watch a sinking ship. You can have all the best intentions in the world but if your ship is called "The tm Titanic" you're doomed. Interesting that you hawk Vie magazine by the same people involved in the campaign, and now you're all for it.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
IMO a lot of the problem is that this is being sold as a "done deal" . There was no, or very little, input from the community before the campaign was launched. Just like The Great Northwest...the Big Blue Signs...etc. Giving lip service to the citizens and then wondering why everyone doesn't just jump on the bandwagon isn't the way most communities do it.

A major group of stakeholders -- the residents -- were completely overlooked...

Whatever is wrong with having public meetings to get some "buy in" from the people who live and work here or own second homes that contribute to the tax base?

Who knows? someone here might have had an even better idea--imagine that! There might have even been a Florida owned marketing company that could have handled the project.

There seems to be a serious epidemic of Group Think going 'round...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
GW58 the only point I can disagree with is that "The great northwest" was actually a good and descriptive slogan. Other than that I am on the same page. The fact that the whole event was set up so that even a protester would have to pay $15.00 in advance to disagree or protest is rediculous. Not to mention the TDC dollars waisted to reserve said protest seat.