• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
no kidding. your sarcasm is unnecessary. do you think houses of that quality cost 350$ a sq foot to build in Atlanta and elsewhere. NO>

Maybe you should hold off your comments unless you are better educated on what I'm talking about. The builder's work is in well read/ published magazines.

Which builder are your referring to? I would like to check them out.

they are already building in the area. watercolor, etc, i think

Again, I would really like to know which builder.

A couple more questions for you.

Does the Hoa have control of the n'hood now, or still the developer?
Is the lot on the mls?

thanks

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
no, of course, not. no one would be, and of course, i want to use that pool & club!

mine are paid up to date as well as the property taxes.

I hate to break it to you, but the design guidelines for the development are in the covenants of the HOA. That means your not exempt from them.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
thank, you. i have read the HOA, as well as every single deed for the entire development.

you are correct, design guidelines HAVE to be met, but seriously, the plans that john willis had done are quite nice, at least i think so. plenty to choose from, that would meet approval.

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
developer still controls things as far as i know. not yet on mls.

builder just did the southern living idea home for st. joe

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Everyone thinks they can build things much cheaper, but few succeed because the reality is that if you COULD actually build for those prices, local contractors would be doing so and making $$$.

Good luck building a finished house in Cypress Dunes for $125 that conforms to local building codes and has comparable finishes. I think you can definitely do better than $350, but if you truly believe you can do $125, you are the one who hasn't done your homework. Building in Atlanta and building in Sowal are very different processes. Your builder (please say they have more qualifications than just being published in a regional magazine) will change their tune (and price) quickly when they start pricing rated doors & windows, stainless steel fasteners, hurricane straps, local materials etc.

It would be great if you could achieve it, but I've got $20 that says you can't! Challenge! :D

Agreed wholeheartedly - this number seems way off to me....AND if you can find a builder who can do this, pls forward his name. I am sure they will not mind being inundated with work....

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That's correct, except they dropped the "North" part, and now call it WaterSound. That which used to be called "WaterSound," is now, "WaterSound Beach."