• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Does anyone have the name of a good and affordable appraiser. I need to get one of my cottages appraised in order to get lower insurance rates (they won't take the original appraisal because I switch insurers for hurricane protection). Thanks.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Does anyone have the name of a good and affordable appraiser. I need to get one of my cottages appraised in order to get lower insurance rates (they won't take the original appraisal because I switch insurers for hurricane protection). Thanks.

If your insurance company needs a dollar amount for replacement, you might want to call a builder................

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks for all the recommendations. If I can find my certificate of occupancy, I won't need the appraisal according to the insurance people. It's pretty much the exact same cottage to the other one I own next door and worth the same amount, but I still have to go through this process or the wind insurance will cost me $500/year more.