• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dbcooper

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2008
asking price versus selling price???

I was told to disregard all pricing on the homes available sheet. Also told that it would be cheaper to build than buy existing??????

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think WS West is fantastic for a primary home, or a second home that you don't plan to rent. Really nice community pool, WS Beach Club is available, beautiful (!!) walk to the beach over a long boardwalk over the Lake. You can also bike to the beach as there aren't steps and there's a bike rack towards the end.

I think it will end up much less hectic than WaterSound or Watercolor, if that's what you're looking for. No views. If that's important to you, you'd have to look elsewhere.

I'm curious if folks know of any other neighborhoods that fit the above description (nice pool, south of 30a, beach access)?

Can't think of anything that matches WaterSound west.

heathernken

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2007
I think there was a recent sale right down next to the beach access, right across from the pool. UNder 800- great value I'd say and a beatiful development. Just dont plan on moving anytime soon as it will take YEARS to build out.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think there was a recent sale right down next to the beach access, right across from the pool. UNder 800- great value I'd say and a beatiful development. Just dont plan on moving anytime soon as it will take YEARS to build out.

I'm sure it is under a build out requirement much like the rest of Joe developments. However as the market stays down they will probably continue to extend it.

This neighborhood is a sleeper. Gated, all South of 30A, Boardwalks to the beach, Least crowded expanse of beach in South Walton, the beach access is no longer than Watersound Beach and shorter than anything in Seacrest Beach, Treetops, most of Seaside, most of Watercolor or anything North of 30A in Rosemary.

We built a home in there and it sold 110 days from the start of construction, which was 1 day after Certificate of Occupancy. Take a good look at this one.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
I just wanted to correct a post above that said beach access at Watersound West Beach was much further than Watersound Beach (formerly plain old Watersound) and Watercolor.

Beach access from most of Watersound West Beach is only a little further than Watersound beach. Of course, it depends where you are in each community. The closer houses in West Beach are closer to the beach than the further houses in Watersound Beach, but on average Watersound Beach homes are just a little closer.

Beach access in West Beach is much closer than in Watercolor, except some of phase I. Also, of course, you don't have to cross 30a to get to the beach from West Beach. Not to knock Watercolor in any way, which I think is fantastic, but just to set the record straight.

You can always download google earth for free and get the exact distance yourself using the ruler tool (a very cool program). Watersound West Beach was just a series of dirt paths at the time of the last satellite images, but you can get a pretty good idea.

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
This neighborhood is a sleeper. Gated, all South of 30A, Boardwalks to the beach, Least crowded expanse of beach in South Walton, the beach access is no longer than Watersound Beach and shorter than anything in Seacrest Beach, Treetops, most of Seaside, most of Watercolor or anything North of 30A in Rosemary.

We built a home in there and it sold 110 days from the start of construction, which was 1 day after Certificate of Occupancy. Take a good look at this one.

i agree....it will be a very nice community although it will definitly take some time to get built out...i think it will do very well as a rental community as well once it matures...would not look at it as just primary and some decent value considering. HOA probably kinda high as in all JOE communites

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com

It was built pretty fast......When did it sale?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Was it modular/prebuilt construction? Not saying this is bad, but as the above post mentions that is pretty quick.