• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MsFLiz

Beach Comber
Sep 27, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Thanks everyone for your responses. I know that the bad drivers aren't only tourists, but know that the one that hit my cat was.
I know that I will be more careful as should everyone.
Carmen, I will attend the Grayton homeowners meeting and express my concerns and present some ideas.
Thanks again everyone!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
stinger_spike.jpg

I guess you could always keep one of these spike strips handy for those speeders.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
The peace and tranquility of Grayton is what most tourists seek. My experience as a wheelchair driver has been that the delivery trucks are the culprits. I know the drivers have to make a set amount of deliveries and loose pay and thier job if they don't. I think it is a mistake for Grayton to minimize the locale's authority over anyone who wants to do business within Grayton. You could encourage business to talk with their vendors. Have home owners stress to renters that Grayton residents do ot like speeders and if someone is identified as a speeder, they will have difficulty renting there again. I just encourage the Homeowners association to hold firm. You decide the quality of life in Grayton and those who do not respect ruls are not welcome.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
In downtown Grayton, there are only three businesses, unless you count Pompano Jim's and Grayton Beach Services, so there are not many delivery trucks rushing around.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
One of the neighborhoods here in my town had a couple of little "slow down" men they would put in different yards on different days. They were unofficial, and I don't know if they would alter anything for the kind of bat-turd who would run over your cat, but I always slowed down when I saw the slow down man...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I've seen a couple of privately owned signs similar to that which read, "slow down -- kids playing," and they do get my attention as a reminder.

steyou

Beach Fanatic
Feb 20, 2007
Walton County
I spoke with the duputy that patrols this area and told him about this thread. I also spoke with the owner of a particular Rental company on DeFuniak and we are going to consider two things. A sign in front of our building reminding folks about speeding (not sure what we are going to put on it yet) and also a reminder to our customers when they check in about pedestrians, kids, bikers and yes animals. I am sorry about your kitty cat being ran over. My dog was was just ran over 2 weeks ago. We had him 10 years.

steyou

Beach Fanatic
Feb 20, 2007
Walton County
We are having a sign made that will say "You have arrived, please slow down!!" We will put it on a sandwich board so it will be showing in both directions. The sandwich board that we had out there said "Realtor on Duty". That hasn't been doing much lately (Ha). We will also be adding an insert to our check-in packets that will say something liken that:wave: people,kids and bikers are everywhere so please observe speed limits.

Hope this helps.