• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
Sorry Mermaid. Miss Kitty made me do it! Maybe, "Where you hangin' on 30-A?"

That's right, blame EVERYTHING on Miss Kitty! Yeah...I guess you should!

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
:shock: We are not the only ones who do that? We not only stay on the same beach, we stay in the same condo! We have stayed one time at One Seagrove, and one year we rented a house in Summer's Edge, but otherwise we are at Eastern Shores. We like that we can walk right out our door onto the patio, then onto the beach. We can grill out at night and not have to go down the elevator, don't even have to lock our door. We always meet the nicest people there and enjoy their company on the beach in the daytime and on the pato at night. And we always enjoy the lake.

I went to Gulf Place for the first time this year and I wasn't that thrilled. I love the Shops at Grayton and Seaside.

:love: It's my own little routine.

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Dune Allen, Blue Mountain, Santa Rosa, Miramar, Seagrove. Although we have stayed at the same place more than once, we move around based on # of people vacationing and gulf front house availability.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We've been staying at the same house on Blue Mountain Road during the same week of the same month for almost 15 years. Typical Ed Walline cinderblock beach cottage with an outside shower. Very old Florida. We love it.

During our weekend excursions other parts of the year, we normally opt for a condo and are not real picky about the area, although after our last trip a few weeks ago, I think we'll avoid the high-rises at Sandestin from now on. Just too crowded.

One thing I have always wanted to do is stay in one of the cottages in Old Grayton. That would be cool. But I always get overruled as my wife insists on staying gulf front.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
JB said:
We've been staying at the same house on Blue Mountain Road during the same week of the same month for almost 15 years. Typical Ed Walline cinderblock beach cottage with an outside shower. Very old Florida. We love it.

During our weekend excursions other parts of the year, we normally opt for a condo and are not real picky about the area, although after our last trip a few weeks ago, I think we'll avoid the high-rises at Sandestin from now on. Just too crowded.

One thing I have always wanted to do is stay in one of the cottages in Old Grayton. That would be cool. But I always get overruled as my wife insists on staying gulf front.

Only a Tuscaloosan would think cinder block is old Florida. Very Panama City Old Florida. :rotfl:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Old Grayton was the only place we considered buying because we love its beach and believed that Grayton has preserved its special character best. Also, it is the stuff of my childhood. But before we bought Conch Out, we stayed at Seaside's Honeymoon Cottages several times for the convenience and proximity to the beach. We stayed at Inlet Beach in a relative's condo once, but found it too isolated. Same with Dune Allen. Destin is too congested, so we get on 98 only to-and-from the airport or to buy a new set of Tupperware. When I was growing up, Grayton was the "hot spot." Blue Mountain was a family and church retreat area. Dune Allen was the outback. Seagrove was old Alabama families, some DeFuniak ones. Of course, there was no Seaside or WaterColor or Old Florida Cottages, etc. Ed Walleen State Park and Santa Rosa Beach public access areas were spooky because absolutely no one went there! How things change.

I think a lot of people rent the same place over and over because they like to think of the house as their own place at _______ Beach. We love to rent to people who think that way. They take care of our house as if it was their own and many of them send us holiday cards and photos of their family visits. People just have an unbelievable affinity for the area. :welcome:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks Donna... I love hearing about the "other" days! I am so happy you were able to buy a place where so many memories were made...and now you are making new ones!!!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We tyically go to the beach across the street from the Cottages at Camp Creek at Seacrest (where we stay). It has never been crowded when we are there, and we can often be the only people watching the sunset (or maybe another family or two)... very nice. We also go to Grayton Beach State Park or Grayton Beach a few times a year as well.

Right after the hurricane this summer, we had to find beach accesses and went to several beaches, including Inlet Beach, a beach in Seagrove (forgot its name), and Panama City Beach -- all were very nice and we were just thankful to get to the beach!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Donna- did you own the pre-Opal Conch Out? I may be crazy (OK, I am), but I remember a smaller Grayton-cottage kind of Conch Out. I think my brother stayed there on one of their runs down to water ski school.