• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I'll go there and check it out. Again, even the Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast has finally corrected their address in most places as Miramar Beach. Tourists really need to know they are coming to South Walton and not Destin. As long as the pr people at Sandestin, etc. continue to put a wrong dateline on their press releases, it will make it more difficult for tourists or new people to know where they are. But, they really should stop. In a medical emergency or hurricane, it would be so much better and safer for everyone to know where they are, how far to the hospital, escape route, etc. It is not just a county pride issue.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Who: apparently not us, as if I had a dollar for every time I was told that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion about what is being done to my community by the TDC and other groups, I could easily fork over the $15K for a year's membership in a group suffering from a collective case of cranial-rectal inversion.

What: lots of local $ spent, lots of closed door/mind meetings, lots of hideous results, lots of unwelcome change that is contrary to the groups' stated purpose

Where: THE, THE, THE beach campaign is successful only inside the minds of the 3000

When: Now, as if they continue, the future is looking bleak and Disneyish

Why: We'd REALLY all like to know! :dunno:

Again...Ay yi yi ... :shock:

And again, I'm just going to agree that we disagree.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What, a mindset of "we agree to disagree"?

I wish you all the best in your efforts.

No, the mindset of "oh these are all affluent folks that want to do this, so we should never question or dislike what they say".

I'm just curious, since you're suddenly behind this 100%, are you benefiting financially from this "wonderful" campaign? I'm sure if I was getting some dough out of it my opinion might begin to shift.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
No, the mindset of "oh these are all affluent folks that want to do this, so we should never question or dislike what they say".

Ahhh - NOW I see where your opposition for the campaign is stemming from. Thank you for clearing that up.

I'm just curious, since you're suddenly behind this 100%, are you benefiting financially from this "wonderful" campaign?

I'm not suddelnly behind this 100% - as I stated before, I didn't have an opinion until I spent some time doing my homework first - which in this instance, was taking the time to attend a presentation on it from one of the founding members. This is how I personally operate - I need to know all the information about something before I can support - or oppose - it. Don't quite understand why that is a difficult concept to grasp for some here - but - so be it.

Just curious - do you choose your preferred presidential candidate based on what he/she looks like?

I also never said I believed it was a "wonderful" campaign - I said I support what they are trying to accomplish. ;-)

I'm sure if I was getting some dough out of it my opinion might begin to shift.

:rofl::clap: Are you implying that I am being paid somehow by supporting the Coastal Vision 3000 campaign? :funn:Thank you, SWGB, for yet another hearty laugh I've had from this message board in the last few days!

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Ahhh - NOW I see where your opposition for the campaign is stemming from. Thank you for clearing that up.

No you don't, I'm pretty sure you don't get a lot of things.

I'm not suddelnly behind this 100% - as I stated before, I didn't have an opinion until I spent some time doing my homework first - which in this instance, was taking the time to attend a presentation on it from one of the founding members. This is how I personally operate - I need to know all the information about something before I can support - or oppose - it. Don't quite understand why that is a difficult concept to grasp for some here - but - so be it.

Honestly it reminds me of a MLM plan. If this was entirely to rebrand the area and "benefit everyone" why must you pay to play?

The TDC does not require you to pay anything to participate. Please do not use the bed taxes as some sort of pay to play comparison as it is not true. Anyone can go to a TDC meeting and participate for FREE.

Just curious - do you choose your preferred presidential candidate based on what he/she looks like?

It would be great if you could stay on the subject, but to humor you I base my decision on the issues/views of the candidate. I also vote based on my own concerns and how that candidate can better them. Again THE President and THE Beach are two vastly different subjects.

I also never said I believed it was a "wonderful" campaign - I said I support what they are trying to accomplish. ;-)

By blending many vastly different, unique, and wonderul areas into one bland offering?

:rofl::clap: Are you implying that I am being paid somehow by supporting the Coastal Vision 3000 campaign? :funn:Thank you, SWGB, for yet another hearty laugh I've had from this message board in the last few days!

No IndigoJill I was asking if you were receiving any type of compensation from this group. I'm sure I was clear on this issue.

Reply in red

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My guess is that CV3000 is scared the new PCB airport will have the name Panama City Beach, rather than some ingenious marketing term.