• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Oh, yes, SWGB :rotfl:. I so know where your opposition for the campaign is coming from. But.....

We aren't seeing eye to eye on this one and it appears we won't. ONCE again, I will agree to disagree.

:clap: :rotfl:And in regards to you asking me again if I was receiving any compensation from Coastal Vision 3000 - I thought I was pretty clear in my last post but, since you seem to need things repeated a few times to grasp the meaning - drum roll please......N - O.

But thank you for thinking I am so important that it even could be a possibility! Cool!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Oh, yes, SWGB :rotfl:. I so know where your opposition for the campaign is coming from. But.....

We aren't seeing eye to eye on this one and it appears we won't. ONCE again, I will agree to disagree.

:clap: :rotfl:And in regards to you asking me again if I was receiving any compensation from Coastal Vision 3000 - I thought I was pretty clear in my last post but, since you seem to need things repeated a few times to grasp the meaning - drum roll please......N - O.

But thank you for thinking I am so important that it even could be a possibility! Cool!

SNARKY ......

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Are we just agreeing to disagree or have you simply realized that perhaps you don't really have an argument?

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Are we just agreeing to disagree or have you simply realized that perhaps you don't really have an argument?

I don't "argue" - I talk. And I have tried to "talk" to the best of my capacity on how I have come to the conclusions I have on this matter. You don't agree with me - I don't agree with you. Thus, we draw a line in the beautiful white sand and part ways - yes?

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008

Ya know.....that thought crossed my mind as well....IJ has no argument. You'd think she'd quit pounding the issue and move on...She's not winning any followers and I wouldn't want to be a part of a group with people like that. CV3000 must make her feel very important and powerful, regardless of what others feel about it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My guess is that CV3000 is scared the new PCB airport will have the name Panama City Beach, rather than some ingenious marketing term.

You could be onto something.........................................

I really think so. Behind only DisneyWorld, in Orlando, Panama City Beach is ranked number 2 in drive to destinations in Florida. Panama City Beach doesn't include the Destin area, nor the Gulf County area, nor SoWal. Everyone in Bay County is very aware of this. People outside of Bay County also know this. Pier Park was recently completed, and is only 10 miles or so from the new PCB airport location. Other theme park industries have also looked, and some have bought, property in close proximity to the new PCB airport location. Port Panama has more than doubled in their shipping volume in the last three years. Talk on the street is that Cruise Ships may be looking at Port Panama as a place to station cruise ships. Ebro Dog Track may also be expanding gambling facilities to include new types of gambling. yada, yada, yada.

It is my personal opinion that the people in Destin, who are spearheading this CV3000, are scared to death that PCB, with all of the future growth of tourism, will capture an even higher percentage of the tourists coming to NW Florida, leaving Destin, a "sleepy little fishing village." The people in Bay County couldn't care less about trying to rebrand PCB into The (TM) Beach, because they will be getting all of the future action from the tourists. PCB is already the number 2 drive-to destination in FL, and soon, when the airport is up and running, Destin will not be a consideration by many people who will fly into PCB.

(Isn't Jay Odum on both the CV3000 and the NW FL Transportation Corridor Authority? I think so. I'm beginning to wonder if he and the other NWFTCA Board Members are also scared that PCB will take all of the tourists, hence the NWFTCA creating all of these roads getting people from the PCB airport to Destin, St Joe, Apalachicola, etc. -- not a conspiracy, but sure fits into my thoughts of why CV3000 was started).

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
SNARKY ......

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This snark?y
premium.gif
(sn?r'kē) Pronunciation Key
adj. snark?i?er, snark?i?est Slang

1. Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
  2. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.
SG - I do not believe, according to the referenced definition, that I am being rudely sarcastic or disrespectful anymore more than anyone else. Could say - back at you - especially for the tone of your responses to my posts of late.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Ya know.....that thought crossed my mind as well....IJ has no argument. You'd think she'd quit pounding the issue and move on...She's not winning any followers and I wouldn't want to be a part of a group with people like that. CV3000 must make her feel very important and powerful, regardless of what others feel about it.

I'm not trying, nor have I ever attempted, to win any "followers". :clap: Again, thank you for thinking I'm so important to have such intentions!

I have been stating my opinions like everyone else does on this board - isn't that what a message board is about??

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This snark?y
premium.gif
(sn?r'kē) Pronunciation Key
adj. snark?i?er, snark?i?est Slang

1. Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
  2. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.
SG - I do not believe, according to the referenced definition, that I am being rudely sarcastic or disrespectful anymore more than anyone else. Could say - back at you - especially for the tone of your responses to my posts of late.

Oh...puLeeeezzz.............go back and re read

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com