• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dabell

Beach Fanatic
Sep 15, 2005
New York
Them same people that developed Seaside in FL is now developing a New town in Up State NY. Click here: Warwick Grove, NY ? traditional neighborhood development for active adults
www.warwick-grove.com

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Dabell said:
Them same people that developed Seaside in FL is now developing a New town in Up State NY. Click here: Warwick Grove, NY ? traditional neighborhood development for active adults
www.warwick-grove.com

They have numerous developments all over the U.S. and some in the Carribbean.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
They are also building a new golf development, which includes around 4,000 acres, in Freeport at Owls Head Farms.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SoWal developers have recently been sinking money into Central America for developments. The name "Panama" may soon have a new meaning to locals around here.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Dabell said:
Oh do they? can you post them here???????

Sure! Here you go Dabell, its a neat site, actually I would love to work with Duany and Plater-Zyberk, I have read most of their research and writings and I agree with most of their planning practices.

http://www.dpz.com/projects.htm

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cheshire Village, which is being built in Black Mtn, NC, just east of Asheville, reminds me much of WaterColor, with a mtn flair. I have been there and taken the tour. Well done! I have thought about buying there, but the prices jumped way too much before I could get in.

Last edited:
bsmart
You have probably already seen this site, but just in case:
New Urbanism
and also:
Urban Land Institute

I love the look of New Urbanism. I especially love the idea of a walkable community. The only thing I worry about is the fact many of these developments seem to be a gentrified haven for the wealthy, but I understand the reality of capitalism and that NU cannot address every last aspect of our country's already existing social problems.
In Denver the old (closed) airforce base has been completely transformed into a new community, with a real town center and diverse, mixed-income housing. It looks like it is going to work, and this is very exciting.
I think I've already mentioned here that my husband will be planning affordable housing for St Joe.