• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bricktop

Beach Comber
Mar 18, 2008
I am getting married on August 16th at Rosemary. We are having the rehearsal dinner at Fish House. Since the majority of guests will be from out of town, I want to have a two hour cocktail reception somewhere on August 15th. Will be around 150-175 people. Very familiar with area establishments, but is there something out of the box or "local" that I do not know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bricktop

Beach Comber
Mar 18, 2008
Unfortunately, not. Our home cannot accomodate such a large crowd. Really looking for a restaurant, bar, or covered structure.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
where is "Fish House?" Sounds like you are wanting a cocktail party at another location, just prior to the rehearsal? Is that correct? So with that many people, would you need to be close to Rosemary and the "Fish House?"

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I am getting married on August 16th at Rosemary. We are having the rehearsal dinner at Fish House. Since the majority of guests will be from out of town, I want to have a two hour cocktail reception somewhere on August 15th. Will be around 150-175 people. Very familiar with area establishments, but is there something out of the box or "local" that I do not know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Talk to the people at Rosemary and see about about using one of their green spaces. I'm sure they could probably handle tent rental as well.

Bricktop

Beach Comber
Mar 18, 2008
Sorry, Old Florida Fish House. We are having the rehearsal dinner there from 5-7, and I would like to find a venue for the cocktail reception from 7-9. The cocktail reception will basically just be a meet and greet for everyone with drinks and light hors d' oeurves. It does not need to be fancy by any means. Had thought about doing a lua (sp), but seems like alot of planning.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
You may be interested in looking at our fine art gallery Weatherall Fine Art. Web link is below and Heather is the event coordinator at 850-419-3962. Please let us know if we can help you. Thanks.

I vote for Weatherall Fine Art....something beautiful and different from anything else around here. Take a look at the Artistic Wedding. Take a look at the picture on his web page. Such a wonderful feeling. Congrats Curtis!:clap:
And to you too :welcome:Bricktop!!!!

:wave:Kat

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
You may be interested in looking at our fine art gallery Weatherall Fine Art. Web link is below and Heather is the event coordinator at 850-419-3962. Please let us know if we can help you. Thanks.

Love your landscaping...nice addition to Scenic 30A. Thanks:clap:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Rosemary can't handle this request in combination with your wedding? I would think this will be hard to find outside them - set up, etc. for that many people for a 2 hour event. You might want to contact Camp Helen just down the road from Rosemary. I have been to a cocktail event there. Beautiful location on Powell Lake.

Just remembered Eden Park for meet and greet. Beauti of a location.

Last edited: