• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I found a clipping in today's NW FL Daily News. I had to scan it for everyone to see :clap::clap::clap::

image.php

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:lolabove:...good one, SJ! And, I love Dave's use of Merry...can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
:blush: caught me. Happy April Fools.

That's the wildest spelling of my name I have seen in awhile. Regarding Reporter, Sean Boon's Merry thing; Gwen Break, the editor of the Walton Sun called me yesterday and she is printing the correct quote I made regarding the need for all the signs to be married on Scenic 30-A. Thanks Gwen!

Dave

Last edited:

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Concensus with discussions I've had with family, friends and others in the community, have ALL asked "what was wrong with the wood signs?" They were unique and said a lot in it's simplicity and naturalness. I agree, the other signs, even though high maintenance and highly collectable, would be my choice. More than likely a LOT less expensive to reporduce....$300. each 12 years ago. Make 2 or 3 of each sign so there will be one for back up if needed.
I think that should be a rallying cry to go along with Commissioners, Please take down the big blue monster signs -- What was wrong with the old signs we had?