• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Had a young woman run up to my door today and plopped down 2 phone books.....one small. She was gone before I could make her take them back. I now have 6 phone books...What a waste.:angry:

tofu

Beach Lover
Dec 2, 2007
Invite some friends over and [ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/345661/how_to_rip_a_phonebook_in_half/"]rip them in half[/ame]!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Agree! The number of phone books makes me CRAZY! Who are earth could ever use 6 phone books in Sowal...yet:bang:

they are killing trees to make these things! Can't somebody stop it?

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Invite some friends over and rip them in half!

Wish they just wouldn't make the things. I'm willing to spend the money dialing 411 or looking it up on the net. It's not all that necessary anymore and the reason we keep getting them is the advertisement money the phone book gets. Quit advertising in the phone book!

tofu

Beach Lover
Dec 2, 2007
Wish they just wouldn't make the things. I'm willing to spend the money dialing 411 or looking it up on the net. It's not all that necessary anymore and the reason we keep getting them is the advertisement money the phone book gets. Quit advertising in the phone book!
I know.. nobody even uses a phonebook anymore :roll:

If you're calling a business use 1-800-GOOG-411. It's free and doesn't have any ads... it even connects you.

http://www.google.com/goog411/

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I had a lady from Bay County stop by today to try to leave a couple books with me. I declined. Turns out she is a realtor forced to moonlight.
It is bad out there....:eek:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
I had a lady from Bay County stop by today to try to leave a couple books with me. I declined. Turns out she is a realtor forced to moonlight.
It is bad out there....:eek:

Oh man...sad story. I'm a realtor and am fortunate I have a little income coming in relating to my real estate investments and have very little debt. I grew up in a real estate family and always knew the ups always came down...and to be cautious. I'm conservative and wondered during the boom if I was doing the right thing not jumping into the debt pool buying and flipping. Did some small stuff...didn't stick my neck out. Glad now.

I know one realtor that is a cashier at a gas station at night......times are hard

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
I stopped advertising in the yellow pages out of frustration with the number of publications. Can't afford all of them- no good way to know which one(s) is effective. They are killing their own industry with overload. Amy at Avalon Photo (still listed in the regular pages)