• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
OMG, Rita. I love this. I was bitten by a ground rattler when I was five. I wandered around a bit before going in to see my Grandma at the little country store she ran. I went in and she sat me up on the counter. I told her I had been under the plum tree and had stepped on a bee. She saw the fang marks in my heel and started screaming for my dad and Grandpa.They went out back to get the snake to take with me to the hospital. The snake struck at my grandpas work boots and got it's fangs stuck in the leather and thats how they caught it so I would be given the right anti venom. I still don't fear them but have a healthy respect for them when we meet.

I was bitten too!.... and didn't know I was bit. Went to the doctor and we figured it out, probably a ground rattler/pygmy rattler. I didn't have anti-venom because I waited 3 days...so I was sick for quite a while,

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
OMG, Rita. I love this. I was bitten by a ground rattler when I was five. I wandered around a bit before going in to see my Grandma at the little country store she ran. I went in and she sat me up on the counter. I told her I had been under the plum tree and had stepped on a bee. She saw the fang marks in my heel and started screaming for my dad and Grandpa.They went out back to get the snake to take with me to the hospital. The snake struck at my grandpas work boots and got it's fangs stuck in the leather and thats how they caught it so I would be given the right anti venom. I still don't fear them but have a healthy respect for them when we meet.

:shock: Wow! That's quite a story! I'm trying to picture the snake hanging onto the boot by it's fangs.

I was bitten too!.... and. Went to the doctor and we figured it out, probably a ground rattler/pygmy rattler. I didn't have anti-venom because I waited 3 days...so I was sick for quite a while,

I can imagine not realizing it but I guess if it only feels sorta like a bee sting, you might just go on about your business... :blink:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
:shock: Wow! That's quite a story! I'm trying to picture the snake hanging onto the boot by it's fangs.

My dad said my grandpa was jumping on one leg and trying to stomp and kick at it with the other:blink: Kinda like doing a jig.
After all the commotion, I just remember my dad driving like a bat outta hail getting me to the hospital. And then the one doctor in town was in the middle of the lake fishing and they had to send a boat out to him to get him in.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
That's what I call a small town story. Love it. :clap:

Ever watch "Grumpy Old Men" or "Grumpier Old Men"? Same kinda small town stuff. Love those old movies.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
That's what I call a small town story. Love it. :clap:

Ever watch "Grumpy Old Men" or "Grumpier Old Men"? Same kinda small town stuff. Love those old movies.

I love those movies. There is just something about real grumpy old men that I love. I guess under all that gruff I know they are usually big ol teddy bears.

I had one pull a shotgun on me here in Walton when I helped with the 2000 census. We ended up chatting for about 4 hours that day and he showed me around his emu ranch. Life is always stranger than fiction.:cool:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I have both mvies on DVD at my place. Actually my wife has like 300 DVD's should anyone ever want to borrow one. I have asked her to catalog them somehow to make them more searchable. One gets tired of craning their neck 90 degrees to try to read all the titles....:D

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Hey all it might possibly have been an Albino rat(corn) snake they actually look more yellow than the yellow rat snake and sometimes mistaken for each other the albino's are pretty rare in the wild because of their bright coloring they stand out to humans,hawks and owls.thats too bad it got killed they are very colorful and actually very timid snakes

dbcooper

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2008
yello.jpg

Is this it???

By the way, this is a plastic toy snake.