• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I've been with Vanguard for almost 10 years. I like that they're a local bank (main office is in Val'P). They've got a branch next to McAlisters in Miramar and don't (or didn't) they have one in Seagrove?

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
A friend of mine just reported a massive under reporting of interest for tax purposes on her Whitney account, which doesn't speak well of the bank.

Have you thought of an on line bank. I use Everbank and it is really easy,
do everything on line, and they pay 3+% on checking, though when I signed up in the fall it was 6%.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I have used Trustmark in Seagrove since they were Emerald Coast Bank. They are not the closest to my house but the staff there is the BEST. I tell them all the time if they leave, I leave....

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Am I the only one using SunTrust? I tried them on the recommendation of a friend in my business, who says they are the best bank his business has ever used. I'm nowhere near his level of $, but I think they treat me pretty well.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I may have to recant my response about Regions. Last week we discovered nearly $400 in charges and they have yet to explain them to us. One time they say that it is because a transaction posted which caused 7 other transactions to bounce, but then they charged us for the offending transaction and two others. As near as we can figure, none of them would have bounced had there not been service charges.
In the midst of my rant about this to my daughter, she told me that she tried to make an online purchase with her debit card and it was declined though she had over $500 unavailable.
I think the merger has created some big problems.

So, what bank do people recommend, my money and I are going elsewhere.